Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#654060 01/05/11 12:31 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I sat on my patio with my morning cup of coffee, watching the mists creep over my little mountain. Whenever this happens I feel as if Avalon is close by. It is a peaceful feeling.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I agree Phyllis! I remember one time I went driving in Idyllwild, the mountains where I lived when I was younger, and mist was flowing gently through the trees. It felt SOO magical! I didn't want it to end.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I often wonder, when I see the mist rising off a pond or lake, if this is what the lake in "Mists of Avalon" looked like.

Shark
Shark
This might seem silly, but I've always thought that Stonehenge was the main gateway to the legendary vale of Avalon - the true burial site of Kings recognized by the Druids and those who believed in their religion. I think those stones were put there to mark the burial sites just as the pyramids mark the burial sites of Egyptian pharaohs. Stonehenge serves as well as to observe the movement of the Heavens and perform ceremonies to honor the change of the seasons. Just a theory, or hunch of mine.

Standing on a high point east of Asheville, NC & looking toward the east over the hills gives a very similar scenario. Seeing hilltops protuding through the 'smokey' mist makes me feel that the Cherokee had their own Avalon.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
A (sort of) Haiku:

Trees loom through the mists
of a Festival morning
Lost Pagans

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Beetlemess
Standing on a high point east of Asheville, NC & looking toward the east over the hills gives a very similar scenario. Seeing hilltops protuding through the 'smokey' mist makes me feel that the Cherokee had their own Avalon.

You may be right, Beetle. I think each culture has their own Avalon, their own peaceful place of dreams, magic, and profound spirituality.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Silverwolf
This might seem silly, but I've always thought that Stonehenge was the main gateway to the legendary vale of Avalon - the true burial site of Kings recognized by the Druids and those who believed in their religion. I think those stones were put there to mark the burial sites just as the pyramids mark the burial sites of Egyptian pharaohs. Stonehenge serves as well as to observe the movement of the Heavens and perform ceremonies to honor the change of the seasons. Just a theory, or hunch of mine.

I do not think your statement is silly, Silverwolf. I, too, have heard the same story. Ian should be able to enlighten us about Stonehenge.

Way back in the days when Christianity began taking over the belief systems, the land of Avalon receded into deeper realms where it was more difficult to reach by any other than the Faerie Queen and her people. My belief is that Avalon still exists and appears to us in different places when we need to know it is still a part of our world. I always thought that the mists contain that which most are not aware of.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Helen Doll Making Editor
I often wonder, when I see the mist rising off a pond or lake, if this is what the lake in "Mists of Avalon" looked like.

Helen, I have such a vivid image of what you see when mists rise off a pond or lake. I love knowing that we can still feel the magick of Avalon.

Did you read "Mists of Avalon"? I have read it three times and love it more each time.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
One of the most 'mystical mist' experiences I have ever had is watching the mist rising off the group of tents at a Druid campsite on the Isle of Wight at a Craft gathering. I have seen the mist in forests and off of lakes and dewponds, but seeing the camp create it's own from the evaporating dew on the tents was something special.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.