Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#653258 01/02/11 08:13 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Cassandra & other posters:

I thought I would try to add some fun into this discussion smile

I know personally I am my worst "critic" and as I age (now 52) learning to love & accept my body - while of course continuing to take care of it.

Okay, here goes.

I have added a poll along with an invitation to comment.

Thank you,
Angela

What part of your body do you think needs to be improved? Then comment on how you are either accepting or improving the area.
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/02/11 08:13 PM
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
I chose thighs, stomach and hips - my problem areas ALL my life. When I lose weight, my face is the first place to thin and people begin to ask me if I am sick (lol).

As I age, I now concentrate on daily exercise - nothing fancy - for those areas and try to walk when I can instead of taking transportation or the elevator. Now my knees at age 52 have started to REBEL, so I am not happy and have to now cut back on what I have been eating. And I am not happy. But the pain is not worth it. But who knows, maybe if I give them a "vacation" I can go back to taking the steps again and just pace myself. I think with the job I now have, it was just too much going from 1st to 4th floor several times a day for my boss. I had to let her know I am now taking the very SLOW elevator.

Now your turn - lets have some fun and encourage and share....

Thank you,
Angela

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 01/02/11 08:20 PM.
All of my Body. I have been overweight / obese to "morbidly obese" my entire life; with the exception of perhaps 4 yrs of my life between ages 28 to 32; where I lost 120+ lbs w/ Weight Watchers & a nice gym that was local to my home. So here I am 21 yrs later (age 53)and have decided to give the "New Weight Watcher's Points Plus" plan a go.... wish me tenacity; Luck is not needed.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi AppleAnnie:

Weight Watchers does work for me, I am just too "lazy" to figure up the points and of course cook. Right now I am not doing any diet, just making sure I do some exercise each day until the day I die and when my clothes start to feel tight - cut back on eating.

I find "diets" work for me until I start to feel "deprived" - then it is binge city for me.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Angela

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I chose thighs, stomach and hips too LOL!!!

I've been working out a diet plan, and walking. Over the holidays I am so proud I gained nothing!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Deanna:

LOL, glad to see someone else is out there dealing with those spots.

Have you figured out how to "tone" up?

I am so into inches as I age, forget the scale which only depresses me as I have come to realize that you can look slim & healthy and the STUPID scale says you are not (lol).

Now I ONLY weigh when I go to the doctor (mandatory/lol) and even that stresses me out as I worry before the visit if I have gained. So I make sure I have a good night's sleep to deal with the outcome. This way I can hopefully be in the frame of mind to deal with the possible weight gain. Lack of sleep increases my "negative" outlook on life when I am dealing with bad news...

Angela

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I had three c-sections and I have that awful flab. My baby is 17, so can't keep blaming him. LOL Now, I am getting High Blood Pressure, so need to lose. I did just start a job cleaning offices and lost some already, but from what I have read, it will be hard to lose the flab from the c section. Very depressing...

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Tina:

Yes, I heard the only way to lose that extra skin is to have surgery. Yikes!

Congrats on losing those inches and yes, losing weight - eating right and watching your stress levels have been known to help with your blood pressure.

Worked for me up until about a year ago when my family history caught up with me. So even though I am the correct weight, guess what, I am on blood pressure medicine. But not giving up on being able to give them up. I have heard of "miracles" and I am hoping for one.

Thanks for sharing smile

Angela

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Like most in the poll my stomach is my problem. I do not worry about how it looks, I love my curves, but I am getting a backache because my stomach muscles are slack.

I sit at the computer for hours, my hamstrings become tight, my stomach sags and my back aches.

Other than that I have no complaints about myself. I am very happy in the skin God gave me. All the problems I have are my own doing through bad posture.

I never diet and try to eat three regular meals a day. I eat what I like but I try not to overdo the carbohydrates. I walk my dogs and try to do my yoga but I have become lazy with that. I drink lots of water.

I will be 53 this year and I am still the same size and weight as I was at 19. I had two children and luckily no stretch marks.

I have been lucky I have never been self concious about my body, I don't actually care what other people think about me. So long as I feel healthy I am happy.

Peace

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 01/22/11 09:06 AM.

Linda Heywood

I voted "stomach." I am plus size, but I wouldn't look visually "fat" if I didn't carry most of it around the middle. My lower abdomen measures slightly larger than my hips, so that's the measurement I use when I buy pants. My legs actually look pretty good. They're pale and scarred, but they are shapely. My upper arms are pretty saggy, but I think that's from the fact that I've already been losing weight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.