Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Badnezzahmi, vincischool, christylynn81, minas, puumando
57215 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57215 Members
417 Forums
113013 Topics
801147 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 855
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 470
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 151
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 75
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 41
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#653050 - 01/01/11 09:54 PM Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD!
Trina Boice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Loc: Las Vegas
While living in Atlanta for 15 years, I became a big fan of Ray Charles� famous song �Georgia on my Mind.� Concord Records recently released his newest collection entitled Rare Genius: The Undiscovered Masters , an incredible collection of newly discovered Ray Charles recordings. The hit album was produced by John Burk, who gave us Genius Loves Company, Charles� 2004 Grammy award winning last album.

Ray would have turned 80 this year, so I thought it would be fitting to hold a contest in his honor, awarding the winner a copy of this outstanding CD.

To enter the contest, simply answer the 5 questions in the Bella Online forum. Be the first to respond correctly and you win! The free CD is being provided by Concord Records.

This contest is open to anyone living in the US who is aged 18 or older. Only posts that are unedited will be accepted as answers. Prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost to the winner. The prize is worth $18.95. For complete rules, please visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Twitter Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Facebook Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to MySpace Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Del.icio.us Digg Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Yahoo My Web Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Google Bookmarks Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Stumbleupon Add Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Reddit
#653051 - 01/01/11 09:55 PM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Trina Boice]
Trina Boice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Question #1: When was Ray Charles' birthday?

Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Twitter Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Facebook Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to MySpace Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Reddit
#653418 - 01/03/11 04:13 PM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Trina Boice]
Beetlemess Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Ray Charles was born on the 23rd of September 1930.

" It was the <twenty> third of September that day I'll always remember..."

Edited by Beetlemess (01/03/11 04:13 PM)

Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Twitter Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Facebook Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to MySpace Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! to Reddit
#653958 - 01/05/11 02:13 AM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Beetlemess]
Trina Boice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

That's right! Is that your birthday too? So far "Beetlemess" is in the lead with 1 point! Don't worry, we still have 4 more questions to go. And they're all easy sneazy questions....like this one:

Question number 2:
What is Ray Charles' full birth name?

#654045 - 01/05/11 03:27 PM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Trina Boice]
Beetlemess Offline

Ray Charles Robinson

<Sorry, my birthday is a month + 1 day later & just a few years. When I researched the birthdate, with a 3 & September, it just seemed so familiar. I played with the lyrics from the song 'Papa was a Rollng Stone' by The Temptations in the previous entry.>

#655315 - 01/11/11 07:21 AM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Beetlemess]
Trina Boice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Yep! Right again! Ok, so far you're the only one playing! What's up with that? This prize is awesome!

Easy questions so far, eh?
Question #3: What year did ABC-Paramount record Ray Charles' famous "Georgia on My Mind", which later became the official song of the state of Georgia (where I lived for 15 years)?

#655405 - 01/11/11 05:21 PM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Trina Boice]
Beetlemess Offline

1960: was proclaimed the Georgia state song in April 1979 and the B-side of the 45rpm was "Carry Me Back to Old Virginny"

#655646 - 01/12/11 06:08 PM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Beetlemess]
Trina Boice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Right again! Woohoo!
Ok, the next question is super easy....
What was Ray Charles' wife's name?

#655657 - 01/12/11 06:56 PM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Trina Boice]
Beetlemess Offline

Mrs. Ray Charles ... right?

First marriage to Eileen Williams; second to Della Beatrice Howard Robinson

#655809 - 01/13/11 06:57 AM Re: Enter to win Ray Charles' newest CD! [Re: Beetlemess]
Trina Boice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Oooooh, you're good!
Ok, here's the last question. This one is a little bit harder. Since you have absolutely zero competition in this little contest...

Where is a bronze bust of Ray Charles enshrined? You might be surprised by the answer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Trina Boice 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
7 Chaos Taming Strategies for ADD
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
38 minutes 36 seconds ago
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
Sandwiches
51 minutes 31 seconds ago
Wedding Ring Bedspread
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Today at 07:49 AM
Generation Y - Adult Learning
by Patricia - DL
Distance Learning
Today at 07:39 AM
Where did Mars water go? MAVEN may find out!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 06:44 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:09 AM
The Equinox is on September 23
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 03:23 AM
More Makeup Mistakes
by Kimberly - Cosmetics
Cosmetics
Today at 01:43 AM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
The New Martians - book review *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.