logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
New Year's resolutions get bashed every year at this time. Are they a bad idea or do they just get a bad rap?

Here's why I think you should set goals any dang time you want to, even if that's January 1: New Year's Resolutions - Bad Idea or Bad Rap?

What do you think?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I loved this article Deb! Thanks for writing it! I'm fired up to get going on some resolutions smile.

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
LOL hmm well,,, I have just one this year, to get an article written each week! So thanks for the inspiration. I become 'hopefully' a fully fledged editor on 2nd, so may as well start with a resolution on the 1st.

Thanks for the article.

Peace

Linda Heywood

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Hey Deb! Yes, resolutions get the bad rap, and we should resolve to do things any time of the year as well! For myself, I set them & I try hard to make them and oft times one simply puts thems to the way-side and life goes full-steam!
So this year I will set them again but with one change-

I am calling them goals and not resolutions! (playing trick on my mind may help me to see them through)

So I'm making New Year goals

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I don't make any "Resolutions" Because when i fail to keep them, even just one
I'm really hard on myself
And i just put my self down
Good luck to anyone making and keeping your resolutions
All i can do is try
Happy New Year to Everyone

Rosie L
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great article! I set goals rather than make resolutions. I try to review my goals every quarter to see where I am, is it working or is it not. It's almost like giving myself a performance evaluation, just like work.

Those that I don't accomplish, I review why. I think if people set pointless "resolutions" or "re-up" the same ones every year, like you said, "this year I will lose 50 pounds" and don't keep the resolution every year, it is pointless. But if you make a goal to eat healthier, or lose 5 lbs in a month. Those are attainable.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thank you guys so much! It was a fun article to write.

There's a thing called "kaizen". It's Japanese & it means essentially "one small step." It's used in businesses to make smail improvements that make a big difference and lots of coaches use it for well, tons of things.

It means do something, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant. For instance, floss one tooth. Anyone can floss one tooth, right? No biggie. But, if you already have the floss out, you'll probably floss more. The key is instead of telling yourself "I hate to floss" and not doing it, you say "I only have to floss one tooth. I can do that."

You can use the same idea with whatever you want to achieve. Write one sentence every day. Walk in place for one minute. Drink one ounce of water. Break it down into however small a "bite" seems manageable & go from there. It helps you build better habits in itsy bitsy steps and if you keep it up, can help lead to better behaviors.

By the way, I've been a flosser for many years. When I heard that gum disease is a huge factor in heart disease, that flipped a switch for me. I still don't like it, but it's a behavioral habit now.

I learned to eat cooked greens by telling myself I only have to take one bite. I love greens now (well, not too big on turnip greens still, but I like all the rest!)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Right, I am more about the priority and goal setting. New Years resolutions seem create to fail and make us feel bad about ourselves.

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.