Print Thread
#633849 09/29/10 11:52 PM
B
berryk Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
B
Hi All: My boyfriend has asthma and he's sick of the pills and inhalers. He would rather do something more natural to help it. Anyone have any ideas or do anything to help their asthma? Regards

Sponsored Post Advertisement
berryk #636083 10/11/10 09:31 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I looked into a naturopath for my daughter. I wound up not taking my daughter to the naturopath for insurance and other reasons, but I would still be willing to try it if I didn't have those obstacles.
Every naturopath may have a different approach. What I found out was that the one locally where I live gives a huge allergy panel and series of blood tests that are more sensitive than the ones given by regular allopathic doctors. The naturopath then makes changes to diet and recommends some supplements. The asthmatics I spoke with who were being treated by the naturopath also had different housecleaning tasks, related to their allergy panel (getting rid of mold, etc.).
My daughters regular doctor did say he was willing to work with the naturopath, but that he was aware that the naturopath was really opposed to many of the controller medications that are used today (the corticosteroids in particular).

that was about my experience.
In addition to seeing a naturopath, doing anything he can to find out and limit exposure to various triggers is always a good idea.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
W
W
A good place to start is by going around your house and getting rid of products like cleaning agents, laundry detergent anything that triggers an attack. I was at a point I couldn't even walk down the cleaning isle at the grocery store. You would be amazed at what goes into a lot of products. There is a great video online called "Toxic Brew", worth watching. Also, an allergist is another option to find out what triggers his attacks. My sister was always sick only to visit an allergist and found she was allergic to so many foods, etc. She eliminated these from her diet ( not easy), but she is so much better. I'm also a fan of the naturopath!

berryk #652207 12/28/10 02:41 PM
berryk, I am the health coach for a company called HelloLife. One of their products, which is all natural (homeopathic), is called Respitrol. It is a tasteless liquid that goes either under the tongue or in an 8oz glass of water. The testimonies I have received on this product are unbelievable - especially in seniors and children. Good luck to you, Stacy

Moderated by  Sherry-Asthma 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.