Next Thread
Print Thread
W
willams Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
W
The strong, primary colors are dramatic and make a style statement, but can be hard to work with..Share your ideas of interior decoration.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
willams #606525 06/23/10 08:09 AM
W
willams Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
W
Dynamic and passionate, red represents love and lust. It's great for people who dare to be bold and push the boundaries constantly. Certainly, these are the attributes that one would generally associate with the color red. For a room red is very daring color choice indeed. It needs to be softened so that it doesn't overwhelm and destroy the beauty of a room. Combine red with colors like pink or orange for a kitsch-yet-modern feel; use it with white beige and other neutrals and, viola, you get and urban look that can work as a family space. Break it A red upholstered sofa makes a quite strong color impression that you can't easily or cheaply undo, so pick this upholstery only once you are sure. Break the monotony by picking your furnishings in various other colors. Use double sided curtains, with red facing away from the room. When they are tied,, the red peeps out and strikes a contrast with the print in front. evescafedotcom|all about women

willams #606532 06/23/10 08:19 AM
W
willams Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
W

willams #606536 06/23/10 08:32 AM
W
willams Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
W
Yellow is a bright, pick me up sun shine color that never fails to fulfill what it promises- a great start to a new day, an instant rejuvenation when you are exhausted, a spot of happiness when you are low. It's a great choice for ones bedroom or house, but can get overwhelming too. Ideally, yellow needs to be used sparingly, like sunshine pepping through clouds, no matter how much you love it! Introduce yellow in spurts with accessories , furnishings, wallpaper and wall designs. A little yellow instantly brightens the feel of a room. Tits and bits Accessorisation is the key to pulling of any look set on the basis of an ongoing color scheme. To obtain a liveable space, combine yellow with beiges and browns to tone down the zing. Sticky style If not yellow wallpaper or paint, cheat by using a yellow sticker in a print of your choice. Pick from the wide variety of designs to suit your sensibilities: while a floral sticker is a feminine, a more graphic and geometric design can look either retro or new-age. Top tip Yellow instantly translates into youthfulness, so its hard to find products that are bright yellow and for a mature scheme! But once you do, tone them down for some color balance. evescafedotcom|all about women

willams #608494 07/01/10 03:37 PM
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
Primary colors are nice to have in the rooms, but it is best to keep it to a soft, and accent with the brighter colors. Remember when you want to repaint a room, the brighter and darker the color is takes several coats of paint to cover the old paint. Keep this in mind.

PJK56 #648718 12/09/10 03:01 PM
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Great descriptions, Willams!

Bright primary colors tend to work really great in a child's playroom or bedroom. I decorated my 7yo son's room in a race car theme and used primary colors throughout the space. I painted the bottom 1/3 of the wall red and snapped a chalk line from the top corner of one wall to the opposite corner to where it meets the red on the lower part of the wall. This created 2 triangles on the upper 2/3 of each wall. Then I painted each triangle in alternating colors of yellow and blue, creating a pennant flag look to the upper walls. These colors were repeated in his bedding (car theme) and also in some plastic storage units that I bought for his toys. They are relatively cheap at places like Walmart or Lowes. I kept the ceiling and trim white for some relief and then repurposed vinyl black & white checkered tablecloths cut up for his window valances. They were leftover from one of his birthday parties; they add a cool sheen, don't really collect much dust and wipe clean!

I have used yellow and blue in my decorating for years. Love the cheerfulness they create together. My kitchen has always been yellow. I repaint it every now and then and have gone from light buttery hues to deeper ochres. It needs to be painted again, hmmm...should I stay with a yellow?

Primaries also make great accent colors when you want a bit of pop! I love to see a piece of furniture in a bold red. But, one of my favorite uses of primaries are in a French Country decor theme. Love those vivid periwinkle blues, sunflower yellows and poppy reds!

Donnarie #651872 12/27/10 08:56 AM
S
S
Primary colors should be used for a child's playroom. I would not recommend using a primary color in living room or bedroom. In my opinion a more light fresh and bright color should be used.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.