Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nicely put. Taking time to consider, rather than just reacting is, in my mind, the essence of freewill. Doing this you also develop the sensitivity to the varying paths and influences that could flow from your choice.

I'll always remember looking at a book on hypnotherapy sensing the different paths my life could take depending on if I contacted the address in the back and enrolled or not. Very strange energies, particularly when I put the book back and walked away slightly as if leaving it. It was a situation best summed up by the film "Closing Doors" and was my first conscious experience of a nexus point in my timeline.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I will check out that book. Sounds intriguing.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This is the book: Paul Mckenna hypnosis book and the film was called "closing Doors" in the uk but now seems to be called "Sliding Doors"( The film) very interesting as it came out a few years after I qualified as a counsellor and hypnotherapist

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Very interesting discussion here. We all have the option of free will -- some may prefer to let others control their life. As Ian says, "Taking time to consider, rather than just reacting is, in my mind, the essence of freewill. Doing this you also develop the sensitivity to the varying paths and influences that could flow from your choice."

As to whether or not one can overcome a spell placed on them by another, I believe that is very possible. If one has a strong constitution and has spiritually developed to higher levels, one can detect and overcome a spell if they so choose.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Also most spells on a person work by a sort of resonance. If you are happy, well balanced, and have a positive mental outlook most negative spells aimed your way bounce off like peashooter ammo off a tank as they have nothing to engage with.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I agree, Phyllis. So much as to do with the energy vibrations of the intention and the targeted person. I believe that some people vibrate at a higher level as to be unaffected by lower level vibrations like negative intentions, thoughts or spells.

Belief itself has a lot to do with the efficacy of such matters.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I agree with your theory and do believe. I am part native american and a ranking martial artist and can explain a little further one day.

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Ian and Lori, I like the way you express the effects of a spell. I once (so many years ago) was talking to a friend and something hit me hard -- like a speeding car smashing me up against the wall psychically. I told my friend what was happening and he explained it was a psychic attack or spell. He sat with me for a few hours and worked with me to get through it and cast it off. From that time shocking experience I learned how to let attacks or spells "bounce off like peashooter ammo off a tank as they have nothing to engage with." (per Ian) It works, Ian.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 12/26/10 12:14 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Originally Posted By: TCW
I agree with your theory and do believe. I am part native american and a ranking martial artist and can explain a little further one day.

TCW, I would like to hear more about your thoughts/experiences.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi TCW

As a ranking martial artist I thought you might like these two articles about Aikido from the Pagan Site:

Aikido Background
Personal experience of using Aikido

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.