logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#650550 12/19/10 08:56 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Is anyone familiar with the care of an elephant nose fish because I've had mine for 2 months and he's been just fine. Then I checked on him this afternoon and he was all pale. The tank has two caves and plenty of live plants. There is a soil substrate and I think he could be eating more but he has been nibbling on a diet of blood worms at night. All the water parameters are perfect and my other fish are acting normal.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Elephant nose fish are considered delicate fish...Do you keep him in a tank that is at least 50 gallons? (Because this is one of the requirements for keeping an elephant nose fish.) What kind of other fish do you have? I ask because you know the elephant nose fish does well with other larger species of a peaceful nature, but may be aggressive towards those of similar or smaller size. Getting in a fish fight could be bad for not only the other fish, but also your elephant nose fish. Elephant nose fish like Tubifex worms and brine shrimp. You could feed him these foods with a turkey baster with a little water mixed in (with the lights out) to make sure he gets enough appropriate foods for his health. I sure hope he is feeling better. ( :

Mary Brennecke Fish Site

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.