Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#650305 12/18/10 03:20 AM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi Everyone!

I'm asking this question for a couple of reasons. First, I'd like the opportunity to get to know everyone a little better and second, I think it would be great to have a conversation about what it is that brought each of us to our practices. It's inspiring to hear others' stories!

So, why do you practice yoga? How were you first introduced? What is your favorite aspect of practicing yoga?

Deborah Mauldin, RYT
Power Yoga Instructor
BellaOnline.com Yoga Editor

"If you desire a glorious future, transform the present. There is actually no other choice." -Patanjali
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
For me it is primarily stress relief. I work all day every day and my whole body gets tense from sitting in front of the computer typing all day long. It is hard for me to take a break from work - I feel like my todo list is always 100 pages long - but I know I *have* to or I will get sick and be unable to work. So I force myself to do yoga every few days, and it really does help me to be more efficient when I am working as a result. So it's "worth the investment".

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I agree - stress relief. It also feels good.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I'm fairly new to yoga but I love it so much. To me, it connects the mind, body and spirit. It is a form of physical meditation.

There are so many ways of exercising the body and muscles but yoga offers so much more that mere stress relief or muscle toning, to me at least.

I'm interested in all types of yoga, especially kundalini yoga.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I like flow yoga and basic hatha - holding the poses and relaxing into them.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I do not do Yoga as often as I should but I walk four dogs everyday and trying to fit 'exercise' or even 'relaxation' into my day is difficult.

Like Lisa I sit at the computer for most of the day so I get lower back pain. I have a very old Lynn Marshall - Wake Up to Yoga book and she recommends The Fish and The Cat for back ache.

But when I am in real pain there is nothing like finding an empty space on the floor and just lying in the corpse position, I have been known to fall asleep during this exercise.

Peace and God Bless

Linda Heywood

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
My dad has arthritis in his hips and has had one hip replaced already. When I see him barely able to get around, I am determined to stick to my yoga classes to try and avoid the same fate as i get older.

I really want to maintain my flexibility as I age and doing yoga makes me feel so much better in mind, body and spirit.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I also have to admit that I enjoy messing around with inversions because they feel so good. I feel all bubbly and giggly - happy inside - when being upside down. They really do a nice job on my mental space.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I do yoga for flexibility.

I can really tell the difference in my joints when I do yoga on a regular basis. It also helps my breathing and stress levels but I love the way my body feels more balanced and loose after a good yoga workout.

I have been putting a lot of stress on my body just from everyday stuff and work so I need yoga to help me destress. Plus, I have lost a lot of my flexibility and I am just dying to get it back. I just started getting back into yoga and while it hasn't officially clicked with me, I think I am beginning to fall in love with it and am actually craving classes. I have ashtanga tonight and I'm excited! I try to do about 5 classes a week, but this week I will only make 3 because of the big snow storm in DC and not being able to practice.

Last edited by AdventureGirl; 01/27/11 03:35 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.