logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hi , I have advised my supervisor that I have ADD and Clinical depresssion. I requested that he writes my job assightments , his responce was ( never conna happen ) I want to go to our human resourses dept, and advise them of the disabiltys I have , just to put it on the record . My supervisor and coworkers are always making remarks about me being forgettful, not paying attention and getting hurt on the job. I do not want to file a complaint against at this time , but I do want to advise Human Resourses. I am always worrying about being terminated because of remarks my supervisor makes about me forgetting his instructions. Thankx Bill

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Bill, welcome to the forum! It's good to see you here. It must be hurtful to have people making comments about you at work.

Do you have an official diagnosis from a qualified mental health professional? Before you speak to Human Resources, it might be a good idea to speak to a professional. Ask the professional to help you gather your thoughts and facts to present to HR. Sometimes how something is presented is as important as what is presented.

I hope this works out well for you.

If anybody on the forum has a suggestion for Bill, please post.

Connie

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Connie, I was dianosed with cliniacl derression about 20 tears ago, I was diagnosed with ADD by a physcrist 15 years ago. I TAKE RITALIN , WELLBUTRIN celexa and trannsene. I have not seen my counselor for over 2 years , since I work over 100 miles from home and only get home on weekends. I know I could get a letter from both mty doctor and couselor , just don't know how to approach Human Resourses. Thanks Bill

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Hi Bill,
Going to HR would give me a case of the shakes! I think having the letters from your doctor and counsellor with you when you approach would be a good idea. It lets the folks in HR know that your disability is real.

I would also say to practice what you are going to say before you go. Maybe write it down. If you have somebody to role-play with, that's a plus. If not, just practice on your own. I would make a little note card to look at or a typed agenda. If you have the agenda, then you can give the HR person one. It might help keep you on track. I know that I forget what I want to say when I am nervous.

Thanks for writing back.

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Bill, I haven't heard from you for awhile. Were you able to talk to your employer? How did it go?

Connie

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Connie , I have been so busy at work getting open for ski season ( I am the Heating / Plumbing Technician ) for a ski resort. I did get a letter from my doctor saying he he has been tyreating me for sevral years for Clinical Deppression and A.D.D.and stateing I am taking my meds as prescribed. My doctor will write me another letter and write whaty I request. I am just not sure what to ask him to say ( any ideas.) I have been getting paranoid , my supervisor has been being realy nice, I feel like he is using me to get all the major projects comleated then lay me off- Bill

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Bill and welcome.

A couple of suggestions/questions:
- You asked your supervisor to write your job assignments and he is now willing to do so. Does he tell tell them to you? If so you could ask his permission to record what he asks as an aide memoire (you could add time and date at the end). This might also prompt him to start writing the assignments down after all, as he might find that preferable to being recorded!
- What do you know works for you in terms of remembering things and keeping on top of multiple tasks when you are not feeling good? If your doctor was able to suggest strategies that could help you this could hold weight with your employer. If you are internet savvy it might be worth doing some research as well yourself (or any suggestions Connie?)

Good luck Bill and keep us posted as to how things are going with you.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
What great suggestions, Asha!

Bill, when I need to keep lists, I put them on a small pad that will fit into a pocket. That way, I don't leave them here and there. I can carry them with me at all times. My husband has 3x5 index cards that he carries. He puts the chore on the card. When he has completed the chore, he files the card.

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.