Next Thread
Print Thread
#649106 12/11/10 03:35 PM
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
I do not know what to think of this as of yet as I am just starting to investigate. I will say this, that the Dalai Lama has visited the Hopi and the Navajo and he has stated that the Tibetans and their belief systems are closely connected and that their souce is the same. If you study the sandpaintings of the Navajo and the Tibetans you will see the similarites not just in the paintings but in their purpose. Take a look at this Phyllis... you may find it greatly interesting. Start here first then follow links provided. [/url=http://www.thegroundcrew.com/hopi_tibetan_prophecies.htm[Exploring the Grand Canyon Sacred caves of the Hopi[/url] I will have to come back and fx this link. I forgot the ubb code

Last edited by ArrowDurfee editor; 12/11/10 03:38 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Arrow. Thank you for posting about this subject. It is one of my favorite mysteries to read about. There is so much written about it that it takes a lot of time to study, but I love it.

I have been researching the connections between the Hopi and Tibetans for some time. There is so much information there to learn. In The Book of Hopi, it is mentioned that the Dalai Lama may be the "lost white brother" of the Hopi, and may have one of the Sacred Tablets of the Hopi. The beliefs of the Hopi and Tibetans are indeed very similar.

I have also been researching the "lost city of the Grand Canyon" that G.E. Kincaid discovered in 1909. Fantastic information there! There is still research going on as to the accuracy of Kincaid's findings. The entrance to the lost city is nearly inaccessible and to get equipment, cameras, etc. up to the cave entrance and set up inside the many tunnels will be a phenomenal task. I hope someone will be able to do that some day.

The Hopi peoples believe their Sacred Sipapu, the place from whence they emerged from the Third World, is in the Grand Canyon. Some believe that this is also where the Anasazi went back to when they disappeared.

Maybe some day I will write some articles on all this. It is all very interesting.

Here are just a few links to research at:

Mysterious World

G.E. Kincaid Discovery

Hopi and Tibetan Prophecies

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
The Orizon Zone is also a good site to do some research at:

Orizon Zone and GE Kincaid findings

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Just another note of interest: in The Book of Hopi, the author writes that if one went in the Sacred Sipapu of the Hopi and dug straight down, the other side emerges in Tibet.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A while back we had another topic here on the Tibet-Hopi connection, which is widely known of and recognized by the people of Tibet. I posted of my friend visiting Tibet a few years back and being confused by the many Native American T-shirts worn by children and adults. When asked about it, her Monk Guide responded "We're related."

I've read conflicting comments of how this is recognized within the Hopi Nation, however the Dalai Lama was received very warmly, as a Brother.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
I remember that conversation we had on this subject, lcp. It was quite interesting. In cleaning out some old posts, that must have been one that was deleted, for I cannot find it. I remember your post on the t-shirts that many people in Tibet wore.

Frank Waters, in The Book of Hopi, spoke with many of the Hopi Elders and they told him that they have been visited by the Dalai Lama. The Hopi also believe that the missing Sacred Tablet is in the possession of the Tibetans in a sacred place. Waters wrote of many very strong connections between the Tibetans and the Hopi peoples.

I still have not bought my copy of The Book of Hopi. I have read it a few times, spent many weeks studying it. I want to have my own copy so I can go over it again and do other research on this topic.

I wish the previous thread we had on this had not been deleted.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Was not there a connection between the Dalai Lama and the Navajo also? ... I can't remember for sure but I thought so... the sand paintings..

Unfortunate as it was for the Dalai Lama's people I feel that him having to move out into the world has been a great thing for Buddhism. He has brought it into the hearts of many... and more know the 8 fold path than ever.

A huge buddhist shrine is now being built in Montana and the Dalai Lama plans to visit there when its done. I hope to go as its not too far from me

Arrow Durfee
Stomach Issues
Stomach Issues Forum

"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" John Lennon

There is a book written by Peter Gold titled
"Navajo And Tibetan Sacred Wisdom: The Circle of the Spirit" in
which he writes of the many similarities between the two
cultures in which spirituality is a way of life, not a religion.

There are many similarities between Tibetan and Native American beliefs -- but more so with the Hopi and Navajo.

I have not read the book yet (it is on my wish list). I would also love to visit the temple in Montana.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 12/12/10 07:44 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.