Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
With the economy at a low in many parts of the country and many people out of work --
What are your ideas for thoughtful Christmas gifts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I'm doing this kind of half and half thing where I buy something inexpensive and bake, cook or make something to add to the gift i.e.

Vatican calendar for my mom plus thera band and copy of healing meditation cd that I downloaded for a client. She will appreciate all that big time.

Brother and sister in law get sci fi movie, itunes card and copy of a smoothie recipe ebook I have (they are into the smoothies right now but need more recipes).

Sister and her boyfriend get a funny book (used) plus gift card to total wine because they are young and go to lots of BYOB parties.

Only the kids are getting really big gifts this year. I think people appreciate things more when you give them things they are really into vs. spending lots of money on just any gift : )

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 12/10/10 05:40 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
e-publishing gifts can be so unique and different as Christmas Presents - my self-publishing sie offers photo books,personal poetry collections or even customized family calendars for relatives;

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
One of the gifts I'm giving my grandchildren is a picture of something fun or important in their life. I found frames with the word Cousins on them and printed pictures of the cousins having fun. My youngest grandson (8) is getting a picture of himself with his brother (18) at graduation. They are close and now the older brother is away at college.

When I give the grandkids winter scarves, I'll include a note that I want them to think of the scarf as a hug from grandma. - Hokey, I know but they have to put up with that at Christmas. smile

Gecko
Gecko
My parents are gone now, but I have grown children and their spouses and grandchildren. I don't work so money is now always a huge issue. Luckily, I sew smile I'm making everyone a pair of pajama bottoms and tucking in a T-Shirt for a top, plus I found fleece when it was on sale, so I'm making everyone a snuggie.

I always make a TON of cookies, candies, and hot cocoa mix for the kids ... that's the highlight I think ... what goodies did Mom/Gran make this year smile

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I bet your family looks forward to your gifts. The pajamas are a great idea. I used to sew but probably have lost my talent for it now and no sewing machine so I have to resort to other gifts.
You just gave me an idea for cocoa mix and their own personal mug. smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, or writers could self-publish a little book of poems and photos about their grandkids. I wrote about my experiences of this on my site:

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.