Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#648431 12/08/10 11:33 AM
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
As you wrap up 2010, are you thinking about your goals for 2011? It's a great time to look at 2010 and decide what you want to do in 2011. A brand new year is like a clean slate!

What are some of your goals for 2011?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I'm always thinking about my goals. It's a friggin disease but a good one I think.

I don't usually discuss my goals (other than fitness ones) with others because that sends me into talk mode vs. do mode but I have big plans for next year and I already started taking action on this last week. So excited!!!

I do usually share after I start getting somewhere so I'll keep you posted : )

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Deb!

I really don't have any goals but hope that the recession will be gone.

2010 was a year of challenges, but made me stronger and wiser.

To be honest, I am now glad as I look back, that I did go through what I did as it has made me "calmer" and I no longer allow people or situations to affect me.

I now find it funny when people "correct" me about stuff, I just say okay and move on keeping in mind that the minute the fun leaves, it is time for Angela to also leave.

I hope to enter 2011 with zest and enthusiasm and working on "tuning out" the silly stuff, stuff that is largely someone else's issues - not mine.

Great post as usual Ms. Deb - Way go GOOOOO!!! smile

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 12/08/10 11:59 PM.
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Monica, you're right, goal-setting can become an obsession (I guess anything can), but it's a good one! laugh

I don't share too much about my goals, either. And, that comes from way back in the day when someone told me (about writing) that it's good to keep it private until it's done. Otherwise, you do tell your story so you lose some of the impetus for writing it. Plus, people give you feedback (or you imagine their feedback) and then it gets all crazy in your head.

Then, there's the flip side which says you get more accountability when you share. So, I tend to do a mix, sharing some, keeping others to myself.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Angela, I would have pegged you for a goal-setter! LOL

I think even if people don't write out their goals, they sort of have them anyway. Being calmer about things is totally a goal and you can actually write out a plan for that. If you choose, of course--I help people write action plans for their goals so I can be a narrow-minded about it (This will help you, dangit!) LOL

Actually, I've had to write goals for so long for jobs that I don't know how I'd function without doing it. And, sometimes that "freedom" sure looks good. laugh

Glad you made it through hard times & came out stronger on the other side! YAY for you!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great question, Deb - yes it is that time again. What I plan to do this time however, is to review what I've done this past year. For those goals that I accomplished - great. For those that I didn't I want to take a look back to see why I didn't.

I do not want to set up the same goals year after year without accomplishing them.

I plan to have my goals set, a new vision board started.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Great ideas, Dianne. I always start by reviewing my long-term goals (5 years) and revising them as necessary, then setting new ones. As we and our circumstances change, of course our goals will change, too.

This year, I need to get more focused on fewer things, so I will be spending lots of time thinking about what to drop and what to keep. Which means I need to really look at those long-term goals first.

I also think I'll be redoing my vision board. I think actually I'm about to write an article about it! laugh Thanks for the motivation!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm busy rethinking goals too. I actually got quite a few accomplished this year - and that's very different for me from the years before.

And I'm the total opposite of you Deb and Monica. I LOVE to share my goals. Cuz then I feel like I have to keep my word, ya know? Though I will admit, I'm careful about who I share with. It's no good having someone rain on your goal parade. LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Shark
Shark
My new years resolution is: not to have a new years resolution

Elephant
Elephant
Thanks for your input. You totally got what I was saying : ) but I do think for some people sharing works. It's an accountability thing that can fuel motivation for some.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.