Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
My goodness you provided me with a few new resources to go and hunt over! I shall have fun with those!

Thank you for sharing them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: MariaRomana-DTP/eBooks Ed
I bet you two were the type to sneak into Mom & Dad's closet looking for hidden gifts, huh?

smile Maria

I confess LOL!!!!

Now my next project is to learn to import ebooks I've downloaded off the computer that simply went into my adobe program.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
[quote=Dreams/Inspiration EditorNow my next project is to learn to import ebooks I've downloaded off the computer that simply went into my adobe program. [/quote]

Dead easy.

Use the Kindle's supplied USB cable to copy them from your PC to the Documents folder on the Kindle.

Kindle can read PDFs

If its difficult for you to read the print on the Kindle because the PDF shows too small, just run it thru the free Mobi programe downloadable from www.mobipocket.com/en/downloadsoft/productdetailscreator.asp

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If they are Adobe Digital Editions books, though, it won't be so easy. In fact, you might not be able to get them converted. Amazon doesn't support that format. They only support PDF & Mobi. It also depends on whether the books are protected with DRM (digital rights management), which is like copy protection for documents.

If your books are in unprotected PDF format, however, Amazon has an easy conversion system, if you want to be able to read them in the native AZW (Amazon Kindle) format with the reflowable text.

Email the file to yourself at your Kindle email address (something like DeannasKindle_at_kindle.com). Use the single word "convert" as the subject line. You will be sent a download link to download the converted file from (it will happen almost immediately). Then just transfer the converted file to your Kindle with the USB cable. Put it in the "documents" subfolder, and you should be good to go!

--Maria

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Email the file to yourself at your Kindle email address (something like DeannasKindle_at_kindle.com). Use the single word "convert" as the subject line. You will be sent a download link to download the converted file from (it will happen almost immediately). Then just transfer the converted file to your Kindle with the USB cable. Put it in the "documents" subfolder, and you should be good to go!

--Maria

Correction needed to above.

If you use email address as shown above the converted document will be auto sent to your kinlde and if 3G is used to deliver you have to pay a delivery charge based on size of the file.

Use @free.kindle.com and you get the email with the link.

But I really think it is easier, if you intend converting more than the odd word or PDF document, to use the free Mobipocket converter, on your PC rather than emailing the doc to Amazon, then having to go there and download the conversion.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ahhh.... okay, thanks Peter and Maria. I've downloaded three books so far from the Kindle store - it's been fun reading on it. I can say that I actually get into the reading and forget about the device.

I'm still getting used to not knowing the pages LOL. I'm so used to reading a book and knowing "okay, I'm on page 85 and there are 236 pages in the book." Kindle shows the percentage I've read, and some other numbers that I've yet to figure out. But I'm really just getting into the flow - reading an eReader is different, and that's okay LOL!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ha—I know just what you mean. It drives me crazy! I know it has the percentage at the bottom, but it's just the visual that's missing. Maybe they will add some sort of percentage completion image that looks like a real book. Something like that would really help.

--Maria

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Well, I figured it out! But it still takes getting used to. I've never read a 4,899 page book LOL! And I have to stop seeing them as pages. They're sections, darn it!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Dreams/Inspiration Editor
I'm so used to reading a book and knowing "okay, I'm on page 85 and there are 236 pages in the book."

I have never checked the number of pages in a book before starting reading. I just know when the opened book is fatter on the left half than the right I am more than half way through. Its the size of the book and thickness of what I've read that indicates how much to go.

What irritates is when I am reading a book I'm enjoying and I think I've got 30 or so pages left than the book ends and the last 30 pages are an excerpt from another book.

I know it has the percentage at the bottom, but it's just the visual that's missing. Maybe they will add some sort of percentage completion image that looks like a real book. Something like that would really help.
--Maria

At the bottom of the screen there is a bar that goes the width of the screen. That has a dark fill that moves across indicating what percentage of the book you have read. Plus the end of the dark fill has an arrow head above it with the actual percentage.
At the far end of the bar on the right is the �location� number of the end of the book. In the middle is the location number of where you are.
On the book I am looking at I am at locations 117-30 of a 1489 size book and I am 7% of the way through it.
That seems to me to give a good visual indication.

Also � when you are on the home page and looking at the books listed there, under the title are a row of dots which indicate where you were last in the book and thus where the book will open. Darker dots go from left to right, so if half the dots are dark, the book will open half way through, If none of the dots are dark the book hasn�t been opened, if just the left dot is dark it�s been opened and is at the start.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Laura - DTP/Ebooks 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.