logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Are you looking for movies that promote positive body images for women or have suggestions for movies that made you feel good about yourself, please read my article and post your recommendations.

Positive Body Image Movies for Women

Cassandra George Sturges
Body Image Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Cassandra:

Love your site and thanks for taking the time to share your awesome article with us. Way to GO!!!!

Have an AWESOME day/night smile

A
A
I love to watching your post specially the blog post - "AUTHENTIK BEAUTY MAGAZINE"

Wow...does this hit home. I am soooooo horrible sick of seeing emaciated, anorexic-looking actresses in movies. First of all it's horribly distracting cause I just want to hold them down and force pasta down their throats. But it is horrible for all the girls...the majority....and women that look nothing like these creatures. It's amazing to me that since only 5% of the women in the world look anything like this that they are the ones that society has epitomized as beautiful. Those aren't women's bodies they are sporting either. I will say that I have always wanted to be the perfect woman until I realized that I already am. Its' confidence and strength, self worth and laughter that is sexy. Ask any man!!! So we women have to take up the cause and tell our daughters, granddaughter, nieces, friends and even strangers on the street...be a beautiful woman at the core of your being and the rest will follow! LorenaB

Oh and Cassandra...love your article too. The obviously titled "Real Women Have Curves" is a great movie especially for young girls with mothers who don't promote them. And "Terms of Endearment" Not specificallly about weight. But the scene with Jack Nicholson (don't you just love him) and Shirley McClaine getting ready to "you know" and her inspection of herself..it's great! And then he shows up with his huge belly...priceless!

M
M
Thanks for the info..........

D
D
I am so happy to have found this forum- I have spent a lifetime (it seems) being self concious about my body type/number on the scale. My husband has been a constant defender when I put myself down or get frustrated with clothes shopping....but it's nice to find female voices on the topic. Looking forward to any way to have a better image of myself!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I really liked the movie Love and Basketball. My daughter played softball and basketball in high school and softball in college. I was so glad that playing sports made her focus more on being in shape than being thin.

She needed the extra muscle on her to perform well and in college they focused on working out to be healthy. This is a habit she carries with her into adulthood.

I think playing sports really helped her have a more positive self image even though she was never a size 5. She felt good about herself and that was the most important thing in getting through the teen years and early 20's.

J
J
Hi, <a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by jacobalex; 02/14/11 07:06 AM.
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Great article; I love Something's Gotta Give. I saw Eat, Pray, Love last night with Julia Roberts and really appreciated the scene where she and her friend go to Naples for pizza. They end up talking about pizza and should/should-nots of eating it, because of what it does to their waistline. Good spin on enjoying life and living in the moment.

S
S
This isn't about a movie, but it's about positive body images in the media. My name is Sophia Jenner, and I submitted my pictures into the Curvy Kate Star in a Bra contest. They make lingerie for curvy/D+ women, which is helpful for me, and a lot of other women I know who struggle to find nice undies in their size. Anyway, after numerous phases of this competition, and a photo shoot, I am now (by some miracle) in the final 10 girls. The competition ends midnight tomorrow, but I really need the public vote to win. You can of course vote for another one of the girls, they are all lovely, and all different shapes and sizes. My reason for wanting to win, is this: I am a size 14, and have been made to feel bad about my shape for a long time. It's important for the world to realise women come in all shapes and sizes, and in fact that's what makes us special. There is no 'one size' to fit us all. I rarely ever see women my size modelling, and I'd really love to be part of that change. I for one find it difficult estimating what an item of clothing will look like on me, when I can only see it modelled on a girl with the generic model figure. I personally believe that seeing assorted shaped women on websites, and in the media generally, will encourage women to be comfortable in their own skin, and know that you can be gorgeous at any shape and size. If you would like to vote for me, I would be over the moon, and so grateful. Here is the link: https://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/112676/voteable_entries/20157637?ogn=facebook Love Sophia x

N
N
I think that body image is an extremely pertinent issue for many women of all agaes and its refreshing to read about steps we can take to positively help ourselves. In 11 year search for perfection i suddenly came up with an alternative, self acceptence. I now want to spend time helping other with body image. check out the following blog which i find helpful for myself. www.nancymwangi@blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.