logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#647583 12/04/10 08:04 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Is it better to be "professionally" trained for Martial Arts or is it possible to learn on your own?

Your thoughts or personal experience would be greatly appreciated - we want to hear smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You really need to learn at a club. Look around for a style and group that suit your personality. For example I like training in Ninjutsu as running away and hiding are part of the ethos, rather than staying and fighting because that's the only approach you know.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
B
B
hi if somebody can read this, i need help. Can someone help me, Do somebody knows abel cullum, e-mail thanks.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Is it better to be "professionally" trained for Martial Arts or is it possible to learn on your own?

Your thoughts or personal experience would be greatly appreciated - we want to hear smile

C
Shark
Shark
C
Hi Angela,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I tend to agree with Ian. It really is better to go to a professional to learn. You can learn some parts through books and videos but ultimately you will never learn the full style without going to someone.

I'm currently training via video because I had relocated and I'm pretty far from my teacher right now. I can tell you I cherish every moment I get to be there in person and learn on the floor rather than through the video. Beyond just him being a great teacher, having that immediate feedback on things I may have missed is invaluable.

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks for the feedback Caroline!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.