Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
happy to make friends, kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87, fanaledrinks112
56995 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56995 Members
417 Forums
112504 Topics
795207 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 720
Beetlemess 707
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Nancy Roussy 192
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 128
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#645285 - 11/25/10 11:28 PM Do you visit your public library?
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Do you visit your public library?

If yes, what do you like about your visits?
And what don't you like?

If no, why don't you visit?

Add Do you visit your public library? to Twitter Add Do you visit your public library? to Facebook Add Do you visit your public library? to MySpace Add Do you visit your public library? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you visit your public library? Add Do you visit your public library? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you visit your public library? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you visit your public library? to Stumbleupon Add Do you visit your public library? to Reddit
#645288 - 11/25/10 11:56 PM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Lisa - Fiction Writing Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Beattyville, KY
I don't visit my public library very often simply because I prefer to own the books I read. I have an entire library myself.

Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Twitter Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Facebook Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to MySpace Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you visit your public library? Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Reddit
#645291 - 11/26/10 12:05 AM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Lisa - Fiction Writing]
Tiger

I am with you on that - I too like to get new books as the books at the library sometimes are missing pages (lol)...... And I get so mad when I am in the middle of a juicy story or article only to find that missing page.

Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Twitter Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Facebook Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to MySpace Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you visit your public library? Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you visit your public library? to Reddit
#645301 - 11/26/10 12:36 AM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Alice - Senior Living Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Washington State
I was a regular for a few months. Then I checked out a book on tape with it's own player. A little piece that holds the battery cover fell off and got lost. After paying the $45 fine I decided the public library wasn't for me.

#645303 - 11/26/10 12:48 AM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Alice - Senior Living]
Tiger

Wow Alice, that was an EXPENSIVE "little" piece (lol)

#648261 - 12/07/10 10:00 PM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
Well...I cheat...LOL...

I work in a library so sometimes I have a heads up on the new books that are ordered. I love the library. While I do have an extensive personal library, free works for me! Plus as an added bonus, as library employees - our late fees are waived. We pay for lost or damaged books, but the late fee is waived.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#648263 - 12/07/10 10:03 PM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

All the time. Just came from there with two new books (new to me anyway).

Hey D, I didn't know you worked in a library. I'm like the queen of late fees but I pay them without them asking so so I support the library big time!

I think I should get a reserved desk or something : )

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

#648271 - 12/07/10 10:12 PM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: ExerciseEditor]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
Ms. m...LOL...

I do the HR and payroll for the County's library system so I'm not a librarian, but I still work for them.

I used to support libraries and video stores in the amount of late fees I paid. Now it's just the video stores and now not even them so much.

I also use them a LOT for article research too.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#648354 - 12/08/10 04:14 AM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Tiger

Awesome Dianne - if I worked in a library, I would never get any work done (lol). I LOVE to read and would spend too much time at the library or too much money buying books and magazines. I have had to put my reading on hold right now, but looking forward to resuming that treat.

Maybe when I am 100 and in my rocking chair smile

Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
Well...I cheat...LOL...

I work in a library so sometimes I have a heads up on the new books that are ordered. I love the library. While I do have an extensive personal library, free works for me! Plus as an added bonus, as library employees - our late fees are waived. We pay for lost or damaged books, but the late fee is waived.

#648356 - 12/08/10 04:21 AM Re: Do you visit your public library? [Re: ExerciseEditor]
Tiger

U funny Monica.

Why the late fees - forget to return them, too busy or just trying to hang on to them as long as possible (lol)

Didn't I read somewhere that they lock people up over too many fees? And I am serious......

Monica, I don't have no bail money honey, so stay on top of those fees. We need you on the forum, not behind those bars (ha, ha)

Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
All the time. Just came from there with two new books (new to me anyway).

Hey D, I didn't know you worked in a library. I'm like the queen of late fees but I pay them without them asking so so I support the library big time!

I think I should get a reserved desk or something : )

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
13 minutes 6 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
15 minutes 10 seconds ago
Santos Cage Doll SVG Cut File - First Steps
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
37 minutes 15 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 02:47 AM
Is it possible?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:54 AM
What's your favorite fashion item?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:51 AM
Chinese valentine’s day
by happy to make friends
Creativity
Today at 01:51 AM
What to wear to add more impression?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:49 AM
Strawberries and John Lennon - Made Me Cry!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
Today at 12:46 AM
Shaving for us women ?
by Nancy Roussy
Body Care
Today at 12:36 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Rosie 66, Teri Dixon), 117 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.