Next Thread
Print Thread
#648099 12/07/10 09:31 AM
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
In your opinion, was Richard III liable for the disappearance of the young princes who had the rightful claim to the throne (at least when compared to Richard)?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I've always felt Richard had something to do with their disappearance. He grabbed the throne too quickly and greedily for anything else. I don't know if he is the one ultimately responsible, but I think he gave enough suggestions that someone acted on his orders (or suggestions). I've never read anything that indicates that he actively looked to discover the cause of their disappearance or the result of their disappearance.

I certainly don't think they were released from the tower to become quiet citizens in any country.

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I had someone argue that he had whisked them away to France for protection. I pointed out that during that time, Henry Tudor was in France. Why send the boys to the enemy?

Gecko
Gecko
I think the "wish" that he was saved is always apparent. No one wants to think innocent boys were murdered, but I'm very much afraid they were. There are stories (fiction stories) of the younger prince being saved and another child sent to the Tower in his place. It would be an interesting thought if it were a fact, similar to the interesting thought that Mary Magdalene had a child by Jesus ... interesting, but simply not credible.

R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
Very true. So much interesting to research and talk about but it comes down to what usurper would leave the true heirs alive? No matter what their age, heirs were usually killed. Even Caesar's children and Marc Antony's were murdered when they died.

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.