logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#645639 11/27/10 03:38 PM
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Over in the SOHO Forum the subject of taking vitamins and supplements came up and a few people had trouble swallowing their pills.

Do you?

I never have, but my daughter did when she was younger. I think she took children's liquid Tylenol till she was about 12! laugh

I've never had that issue, but here are some tips that worked for her (and other friends through the years):

1--Drink some water before you take the pill. This lubricates your throat & helps keep the pills from "sticking". This can help you if you often have yucky aftertaste from some pills--the "sticking" is what causes the aftertaste. The pill actually doesn't usually stick, it just rubs on your throat/esophagus & feels like it's stuck. It might leave little particles that cause the aftertaste.

2--Don't toss your head back to swallow the pills. This actually causes the pill to "float up" and makes it harder to swallow it. So, keep your head level and swallow the pill (with water) just like you swallow food. This habit can be hard to break, but keep trying--most everyone I've shared this with has some success with it. It may help to take a deep breath or two before to relax yourself. Having repeated "bad" episodes can cause you to "tense" up, which can make the whole process much worse than it has to be.

3--Drink plenty of water after, to help the pill get all the way to your stomach. And, for some pills, they need that water to "work" properly or in the case of stuff like aspirin, to make it less harmful to your tummy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
easterLOL, you go Dr. Deb smile

***Folks, she helped me with this advice in her other forum and said she was going to find a forum to post it in. Glad she did. It works, now I don't "gag" every time I take my blood pressure and women's multi each day****

Moderated by  healtheditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.