Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
you from flying?

I am not sure if the list I found is still accurate, but there are only 68 airports in the U.S. that actually have operational body scanners.

Many people will opt for a pat down instead of the body scanner. I will not do either one. I don't have to. Why? Because I do not set of the metal detector, nor wear anything that may cause suspicion. I never show up for my flight more than an hour before. I continue to breeze through airport security. I watch other people get patted down while I am putting my shoes on. I never wear jewelry when I am traveling, my keys and all metal objects are in my carry one bags.

Jenny Vasquez
Public Health
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
YES!!!!!

What is next?????

J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
I went through security with no problems. The women in front of me had to go though a pat down. She was not happy. However, she had 4 sets of earrings, nose ring, 5 or six bracelets, and apparently a couple of chains around her hips and a belly ring.

Like I said, I don't wear jewelry when flying. She knew she was going to set off the metal detectors. She made the choice to show up in her full regalia of jewelry. She made the choice to receive a pat down.

If I were ever to receive a pat down, I would accept it and move on. I would much rather receive a pat down than to have a plane blow up. Our world has changed and terrorists are still trying to attack us.

I also do not think the TSA agents enjoy pat downs. They get a lot of flack for it by flyers. In addition, I know straight men do not like patting down another man! They have a job to do and most do it well. There will always be a few incidence that could have been handled better.

Jenny Vasquez
Public Health
Tiger
Tiger
Wow, all that jewelry (lol).

I LOVE my earrings, but only have ONE to an ear.

I just do not like to be "touched" in certain areas, but agree, don't want my plane blowing up smile

J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
I don't like being "touched" in certain areas either. That is why I try to make sure I don't set of the metal detector!

Jenny Vasquez
Public Health
Tiger
Tiger
And now I saw on the internet, they are doing head/scalp searches with gloves on. Yikes!!!

I am traveling by car or greyhound (lol)

J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
Our world certainly has changed. I think many people have decided to travel by car or other means. Funny, road trips were considered an awesome adventure in the 1960s and 1970s. It seems the road trip will once again be apart of our culture!

Jenny Vasquez
Public Health
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If I really thought the increased security would help anything, I'd be for it, but I don't believe it does. Whatever methods they come up with, a clever terrorist will figure a way around it. It's impossible to prevent a determined person from bringing every conceivable dangerous object on the plane. Quality intelligence is a far better defense than random searches...but I digress.

Will the continued upscaling of the TSA harm commercial flying? I think so. My daughters belong to a skating team that has always flown to distant competitions. This year, we are chartering a bus instead. It will cost the same and take a little longer, but it's so much less hassle. We can bring anything we want with us; we can move around and eat and drink and use our phones and computers (the bus has free wifi!); if anyone's late, we can wait for them; but most of all, we don't have to be treated like criminals. Hallelujah!

I think the train and bus industries, as well as the auto clubs, have a unique opportunity to present themselves as positive alternatives to what is becoming a pain-in-the-neck way to travel.

--Maria

J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
I just read an article on line that states the TSA is cracking down on non-scannable underwear! I had no idea there was such a thing!

Jenny Vasquez
Public Health
Tiger
Tiger
LOL, Jenny do you know what that is? Maybe the material? Girdles as an example?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.