Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That's a cool Grunge look. I do like cargo pants and have a few pairs. They are fun to shop for at Goodwill. smile

When I look good to myself it really only gives me a mild second of, "oh, that's nice." Not a huge glow like one would expect. Over the years I have learned that the happiness i get from a flat stomach barely registers on my YAY scale. So i don't worry about it. I look good enough - kinda cute, youthful, and strong enough to carry myself up mountains.

But I am also like that with money. When I have some, again I get a tiny twinge of, "that's a relief" and then forget about it. So when I am at the top of my game in terms of looks and finances it doesn't seem to actually do anything for my happiness. I accept them at my new 'base of ops' rather than being happy about them.

I don't want to be poor and i don't want to be overweight. But - observably - I don't really get happiness from being ripped or wealthy either. So I want just enough money and fitness to do the things in life that really do make me feel happy and glowy (like hiking and other outdoor adventures!)

I am probably in the minority on much of what i just said.

Last edited by Jilly; 11/22/10 03:05 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
That is such a great way to be Jill. I like it and it's taken me a long time to care a lot less about how I look. I used to be one of those people who was highly motivated to exercise because I wanted to look like some Victoria's Secret model (how unrealistic is that, like I could grow legs that long).

Over the years I've learned to love exercise more because of how it empowers me to live the life I want. I still have that hint of vanity there which I guess is somewhat good otherwise I might eat entire cakes and be one of those yo yo dieters/exercisers who never find a happy medium.

I definitely wish I could be more Zen about my appearance. Yoga and hiking have definitely helped a lot in that dept. So has working with cancer patients and other people who are just so grateful to even be able to move.

I think you are a minority but you set a great example to everybody : )

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I absolutely LOVE shopping for clothes. For years I never really enjoyed clothes shopping because I would find myself buying whatever fits because the clothes in my closet were too small as my weight slowly crept up in my 30's. When I got to my highest (size 12 & large tops) I wanted to cry when I whenever I went shopping & just wanted to get it over with. Nowadays reaching into my closet is like receiving a gift everyday (size small tops & size 6 bottoms). Now I have fun & take pride in myself when I go clothes shopping. I was feeling guilty knowing how much $ I spent on my new wardrobe (after I had first lost all the weight) but I told myself this wardrobe is going to last me for years because I'm not going back to the way I used to shop for clothes. After 2 years it's great to still be able to fit in my "new" wardrobe =) (Besides I read somewhere the average woman spends approximately $1200 on larger sized clothing). I love your work at home attire...I agree when I work from home I don't like working in my PJ's either - I don't feel as productive.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I've heard that larger sized clothes is expensive. Remember my friend Leah (that pic I sent you of us). She used to complain about this all the time. I was also friends with some fairly overweight girls in college and they used to hate clothes shopping for this exact reason. Expensive and hard to find things that fit right.

I like your description about feeling like when you reach in your closet you're receiving a gift everyday. It does feel that way when you can just wear whatever you like : )

I also like reaching in my sons t-shirt drawer and borrowing t-shirts from him too! I've also borrowed Jus' middle daughter's Australia tee. It's a cool shirt and she borrows my tops too so it's only fair right?

Remember that movie One Fine Day when Michelle Pfieffer has to wear her sons tiny tee. I always thought that was unrealistic but it's not. I can't wait until my kids are in high school so I can steal their hoodies. I'm a hoodie freak!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.