logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
ME, I try to "exit" the area and call 911 on my out (lol).

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I live in A low income housing project been here for 36yrs
I have learned that you
SEE NOTHING
HEAR NOTHING
SAY NOTHING

Rosie L
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Rosie, I totally understand.

I lived in the "ghetto" for 14 years and thank goodness was able to move this year.

I remember nights of "gun shots" and after awhile I was able to go back to sleep - but it took years to be able to do this.

And I stayed on the floor just in case any shots came through my window.

I guess I would want someone to call "911" if I needed help.....

I NEVER get involved, but will call if I can do it without anyone seeing me do this. I love my life and not about to get killed over some "drug" deal gone bad.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Depending on the circumstances:

• Call the Police with a detailed description of the situation and persons involved
  • Intervine myself and hold the perps 'till the Police show up
  • Intervene; Then go - leave the Police and other emergency services to sort out the mess, making sure that there is little chance of any 'comeback' on me

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Ian, you are my kind of person as so many people will not even call 911.

I am timid, so I will call 911 if I can do it without being "shot" at (lol)

But rather not get involved or let the criminals know I called.

I guess I saw too much in the "ghetto" where I lived for 14 years....... There were so many "bad" cops that patrolled my hood.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That's a reasonable attitude to have considering the corruption angle. When I Lived in the Zona Rosa area of Mexico City back in the '70s there was a lot of corruption in the local police too. I was lucky that, as Dad worked for the British Embassy, I had diplomatic immunity that trumped local police powers.

So when I stood up for the 'little guy' and the local animals it meant that the corrupt cop, the main weapon against outside interference used by the gangs, could not be used. Closest I ever got to being a superhero (heh heh)

Now in the UK we have less of a problem with police corruption but it means I have to be more circumspect in stamping on the bad guys. I'll always remember when I worked as visiting Pagan Chaplain for the local prisons and the Security Manager in the high security one asked if I had any concerns about working there

"Yes" I replied "I have used my right of Citizens Arrest a few times over the years and am worried I might run into some of them in here"

"What sort of people and charges"? He asked

"Well, two burglars, eight shoplifters, several vandals, three people running away from the police..." The list was quite long and even included a couple of litter louts.

The look on his face- wish I'd had a camera

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Ian, you are BRAVE. There is no way I would be going into those prisons if I was in your shoes (lol).

Thanks for the "chuckle" smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, once they're 'inside' you have to reform them otherwise prisons are little more than warehouses or Universities of Crime.
Prison Chaplains in the UK do get quite a lot of respect from the inmates particularly with spiritual paths such as Paganism with its' perceived power.

It was also nice to work in a positive multifaith environment with all the different paths doing their best to help the inmates and staff.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Do you still do this?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sadly not, the local paper ran a scare story that was picked up internationally and the Pagan Federation withdrew their support. The Prison system was happy to have me back but couldn't do so without the PFs support. I was able to do this job for several years and hope I helped people on the path to non-criminality when they were released.

Some of this is in my Bellaonline bio here:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.