Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#643947 11/20/10 09:12 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
There's a lot of debate about whether ebooks and ebook readers will permanently replace paper books, or whether they're just a passing fancy of the tech-obsessed. Current market trends seem to indicate that ebooks are rapidly gaining on their paper counterparts. Check out this article for an overview of the changing landscape in the book publishing world, and tell me what you think will happen: Ebook Sales and the Ebook Market.

--Maria

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
I think they are here to stay and only will replace paper books in certain areas. Everyone that TV's and computers were passing fancies. This is another one of those that will go through many metamorphoses but will remain.

Because of the ease of obtaining ebooks and the cost effectiveness of them, I think they will grow even further in the academic arena.

Personally, give me a paper book any day. I love the feel in my hands. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Maria,

I just read your ebook articles and I'm blown away! I've been researching writing and publishing opportunities for what seems like ages, but you've given me information I never came across before! Somehow, I never managed to find out about CreateSpace or Smashwords. So thank you so much - it feels like the fog of confusion is lifting!

Grace

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

Elephant
Elephant
That's so interesting. Thanks for writing about that. I wonder how this compares to ebook sales by information marketers like all the people that run blogs or sites that sell ebooks via clickbank or shopping cart etc.

I've bought a ton of ebooks to learn how to do something plus a big chunk of my income comes from selling other people's ebooks. I think ebooks were such a strange concept to people a few years back and people had a hard time buying something they couldn't actually get their hands on but thankfully that is not the case anymore. Does anybody keep figures on digital info products?

I actually prefer when it comes to something I need to learn but still prefer holding a real book when reading for fun : )

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I'm pretty sure Amazon has announced that it now sells more ebooks than hardcover books. So they are selling very well!

I think there will be both. We have TV - but we still have radio too. One did not replace the other.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Grace - Holistic Health
Maria,

I just read your ebook articles and I'm blown away! I've been researching writing and publishing opportunities for what seems like ages, but you've given me information I never came across before! Somehow, I never managed to find out about CreateSpace or Smashwords. So thank you so much - it feels like the fog of confusion is lifting!

Grace

Wow, thanks so much. I feel like what I've written so far is just barely scratching the surface, so I'm glad it's been helpful. I have lots of articles planned for the coming weeks that will hopefully provide a lot more detailed step-by-step instructions. I want folks to have some guidance, and not have to stumble blindly through the processes like I did smile.

--Maria

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
I wonder how this compares to ebook sales by information marketers like all the people that run blogs or sites that sell ebooks via clickbank or shopping cart etc.

That's just the thing--the ebook sales in those figures are all just the ebooks sold by the big publishers. It doesn't include that enormous chunk that is sold by small publishers and individual authors and websites. The publishers really have their heads in the sand on this one!

Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
I actually prefer when it comes to something I need to learn but still prefer holding a real book when reading for fun : )

I understand what you're saying, but I have to admit, the older my eyes get, the more I like the adjustable font sizes on an electronic device! smile

--Maria

Elephant
Elephant
Bigger fonts is definitely a plus. The last couple of books I've read the print has been so small and I can't read for long before my eyes get exhausted and start twitching.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I haven't broken down and bought a portable ereader yet (although i really really really want one :)), but I use both the nook and kindle apps on my laptop and kindle on my blackberry (nook on the blackberry is useless, imo). I love having so many book choices in one small device. To take that many books with me, I'd have to cart around a bookbag and I'm long past having the back for that! laugh

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
You might want to hunt around for blog and book contests with free Kindles as prizes. You'd be surprised how many of these you'll find. I'm aware of a couple of small contests going on right now (think good chances of winning):

Indie Authors Win-a-Kindle
Scott Nicholson Kindle & Free eBooks Contest

--Maria

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Laura - DTP/Ebooks 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.