In the newsletter this week I told of a long-ago Thanksgiving debacle. It was my first independent attempt at the full turkey meal. That day is seared in my memory forever! It wasn't all bad. I got to use my sense of humor a lot that day, since my ADD was apparent as I tried to get the meal together for my guests. It was pretty disorganized. Since that time I've learned a bit about planning.

I hope that you find the article helpful. Feel free to pass it along to anybody who is new at making the turkey dinner.

Here's what I wrote for the newsletter:

About thirty years ago, I experienced an amazing Thanksgiving. It wasn't amazing in a good way! My niece's husband was a foreign student. All of his friends were invited to Thanksgiving at my house. That was before I had learned to plan. Suddenly, I had twenty students at my house expecting to be served a turkey dinner! There was plenty of turkey, and it was finished several hours before the side dishes. Everybody was kind to me as I scrambled to put a complete dinner on the table. I felt terrible about doing such a disorganized job of making dinner. The house was a mess, too! I had stress that was off the charts.

Thanksgiving is often a time of stress, instead of the time of joy and fellowship that we crave. Is there a way to make it better? Planning is the key to the Thanksgiving of your dreams. Use this plan to make it a memorable day.

I wish all of you a very blessed holiday season,

Connie

Last edited by Connie from ADD; 11/17/10 11:49 PM.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link