Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#642576 11/15/10 02:39 PM
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Today I had a rotisserie chicken Caesar salad. An upgrade from my typical turky sandwich when I eat at home.

What did you have?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
fishZero, nothing smile

I don't eat lunch while at work, but don't get between me and the front door after work. By then I am STARVING.

Sounds delicious - so where is mine????

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Yesterday - I had a delicious but small meatball sub with mozzerella and parm cheese. Yummy. I did not eat breakfast and by 1:00 I was starved!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I had a salad {ice berg lettuce} with pulled pork, parm cheese and bleu cheese dressing.

Not sure what I'll have today grin Something with celery LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Yesterday I had a ham & cheese sandwich. Sandwiches are easy for me to make & eat while I work.

Deanna, I'm having some celery today! I love celery.

Phenix, I used to not eat lunch but I started noticing blood sugar issues with not eating all day (crankiness, headaches) so now I try to eat lunch. Still don't do so well with breakfast (usually if I even remember, it's soy or almond milk or maybe a yogurt.)

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
And the winner is. . . leftover spinach/artichoke casserole. laugh

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Mmmm, the leftover spinach/artichoke cass sounds really good to me! Problem is, in order to have leftovers, one must have actually cooked at some point...LOL. Looks like another PBJ day for me smile.

Last edited by MariaRomana-DTP/eBooks Ed; 11/17/10 03:01 PM.
Tiger
Tiger
Deb, I HAVE to have breakfast = cannot function without my coffee smile That is the ONLY reason I can do without lunch.

With the coffee, I add some "fiber" (that NASTY bran cereal/yuk) - that is the ONLY time I can deal with it. Get it eaten EARLY and over with.

Originally Posted By: BellaDeb
Yesterday I had a ham & cheese sandwich. Sandwiches are easy for me to make & eat while I work.

Deanna, I'm having some celery today! I love celery.

Phenix, I used to not eat lunch but I started noticing blood sugar issues with not eating all day (crankiness, headaches) so now I try to eat lunch. Still don't do so well with breakfast (usually if I even remember, it's soy or almond milk or maybe a yogurt.)

Tiger
Tiger
LOL - you sound like me. Today it is peanut butter and crackers for dinner. We BOTH need to visit Deb for some good eating smile

Originally Posted By: MariaRomana-DTP/eBooks Ed
Mmmm, the leftover spinach/artichoke cass sounds really good to me! Problem is, in order to have leftovers, one must have actually cooked at some point...LOL. Looks like another PBJ day for me smile.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ham and brie on an English muffin. Breakfast is a protein shake. This helps a lot with the blood sugar issues, tastes great (chocolate, of course), and is thick enough to carry my vitamins, etc. without too much bother. Why is it that the pills that are so good for us have to be the size of horse pills?

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
Tiger
Tiger
Yuk - speaking of pills - I take my womens multi in the morning and I "gag" EVERY day (lol).

Hate pills. Then I "gag" on my very tiny blood pressure pill. Ridiculous smile

Chocolate - my FAVORITE!!!!

Originally Posted By: Mary - Irish Culture
Ham and brie on an English muffin. Breakfast is a protein shake. This helps a lot with the blood sugar issues, tastes great (chocolate, of course), and is thick enough to carry my vitamins, etc. without too much bother. Why is it that the pills that are so good for us have to be the size of horse pills?

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I had to eat in my car yesterday, so it was a Wendy's chicken sandwich. Today, who knows what I will find in the kitchen!

I've never had much trouble swallowing pills. But, I can give you a tip--many people tip their head back when taking pills and that actually makes the pill sort of float up & gag you. If you do that, try to not do it and just swallow the pills like they were food. I've had friends try it and once they stop the habit of the tilt, pill-taking is much easier for them. Another thing is to drink water before you take the pill to lubricate your throat a little.

Tiger
Tiger
LOL - I am busted. Yes I am a "tilter" but will try your way tomorrow morning.

What about that "after" taste - Yuk!!!!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Drinking plenty of water before & after you take the pill should help with the aftertaste, too.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Today - shredded chicken on iceberg lettuce with an avocado and a bit of shredded parm cheese. laugh

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Yum--love avocados!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Today, leftover Pinto Bean Soup. And grocery shopping. laugh

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Green beans, grapes and a Morningstar Farms veggie burger.....

Tiger
Tiger
You were so RIGHT. I took BOTH my pills YOUR way. Thank you and Yippee! No more "gag" city (lol).

Originally Posted By: BellaDeb
Drinking plenty of water before & after you take the pill should help with the aftertaste, too.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
So glad to hear that! YAY! I think I'll start a post elsewhere & see if anyone else has trouble taking pills. Which forum? LOL--I'll have to go see where it might fit.

Elephant
Elephant
Good question since it's 1 and I haven't even had breakfast!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Of course, I had leftovers yesterday. Today, I slept late (was up late reading last night), so all I've had so far today is a glass of soy milk. I had some extra sweet potatoes from the casserole I made, so I might have one of those for lunch.

I need to go grocery shopping. I think I want to roast a big pan of veggies for the week. And, I need sandwich and salad fixings. laugh

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I had a chicken and cheese quesadilla on a rice tortilla. Mmmm...

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Turkey and swiss and three stalks of celery....

Deanna Joseph

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I had tuna on toast today. Quick & easy & I need the Omegas.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yum Deb! I LOVE tuna on toast!!! Especially with a bit of melted swiss cheese on top laugh

Today I had some pineapple - than about an hour later some celery with "Better than Cream Cheese" Tofutti Soy Spread.

Deanna Joseph

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am embarrassed to say. Just when I was doing great, I succumbed to fast food. My aunt loves fast food and meat, meat, meat. She calls vegetables junk so it's been hard to prepare meals we'll all enjoy. I've been giving in and making what she likes.

Today, we ate the Jack-in-the-Box Big Jack meal deal which was a Jumbo Jack, fries, two tacos and a soda. She also had some chocolate cake. The only good thing was that I ordered my burger without cheese and cut it in half to share with my husband who came home unexpectedly. Then, I ate only a few fries and gave him one of the tacos. No soda or cake for me.

Still...could have had a more healthful choice. I like this thread. Let's start a what's for dinner thread!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
LOL or Lori, I feel for you! Just thinking of Jack in the Box makes my gall bladder ache ha ha ha!

It's very sweet to indulge your auntie... my aunt loves Jack too.

Friday I succumbed to In and Out burger. Though I had it protein style, and I just had a few of my fries - hubby came home early and I gave them to him {thank goodness, or I'd have eaten them all LOL}.

Deanna Joseph

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
All this talk about Jack-In-The-Box & In-&-Out Burger. Don't have either readily close-by, here in the Nation's Capital. Very familar with each having spent most of my life in the Western regions. In fact, my daughter recently drove from DC to Charolette, NC just to go to the nearest Jack & then had the nerve to phone a pix of where they were.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Gecko
Gecko
Chicken with onion and green, red, and yellow peppers. Side dishes: Brown rice and brussel sprouts.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Leftover spaghetti with garlic bread -- maybe shredded cheddar on the spaghetti.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Beetlemess
All this talk about Jack-In-The-Box & In-&-Out Burger. Don't have either readily close-by, here in the Nation's Capital. Very familar with each having spent most of my life in the Western regions. In fact, my daughter recently drove from DC to Charolette, NC just to go to the nearest Jack & then had the nerve to phone a pix of where they were.

When my sister lived in Alaska she'd come to Cali to visit and want to eat Arbys and In and Out!

So your daughter didn't even bring ya back a fry, ay? LOL!

Deanna Joseph

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Originally Posted By: Beetlemess

I'm in Northern Virginia about 20 miles or so south of DC. We don't have Jack-in-the-box or the in-out burger. I ate at a JITB when we were out in Ca. when my husband was stationed at Camp Pendleton.

We've got our 5 Guys. Sonic is good too, but the closest is in Fredericksburg.

All this talk of lunch has made me hungry. I'm trying to decide between behaving or giving in to my hunger. Lol

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
I have leftover french toast from breakfast. Maybe I will make a sandwich with that instead of the spaghetti (spaghetti for dinner instead).

Does anyone else make sandwiches from french toast? Chicken salad or ham and cheese is good on it.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 01/05/11 01:02 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That sounds delicious, Phyllis. With the ham and cheese, it's almost like a Monte Cristo.

What was for lunch today? Again, I hate to admit this in public. A fried Spam sandwich with ketchup. At least it was on whole grain bread! Oh, and some Cheetos crumbs.

Gawsh, I am pitiful. frown

The Spam love comes from my Hawaii roots. Hard to explain our devotion to it. My daughter was better. She had a green salad with Greek chicken which were leftovers. There wasn't enough for all of us.

But my aunt was so happy with the Spam sandwich!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I had Greek Yogurt for brunch-ish. About to have a roast beef sandwich with some tomato juice now.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Haven't had Spam in ages! And, I love the idea of French toast sandwiches. Or, right now, just French toast! LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Lori-LivingSimply

But my aunt was so happy with the Spam sandwich!

Don't they call that a Spamwhich LOL!!!

I CAN understand your love of Spam. I have a girlfriend who lived in Hawaii for several years, and her Hubby and In-Laws ate it with every meal laugh

Monte Cristo - YES!! I was going to say that too!!!

Today I had Edamame? I'm not sure of the spelling... that and fresh apple juice. Gosh those little things are tasty!!!

Deanna Joseph

The "Monte Cristo" was so good I may have another for lunch today. I got a "sandwich maker" for Christmas and really like it.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm having fish, white rice and steamed celery!

Deanna Joseph

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ok, finally...I'm proud to report that my daughter and I went to Souplantation for lunch where we had a bodacious salad with all sorts of fresh, raw veggies! I had a cup of vegetable chili to go with it and even though I did have blueberry muffin and a tinch--and I mean a tinch--of pasta, I skipped the desserts! YAY! Thank goodness for small victories.

Progress is measure in inches, not miles!!! I forget who said that.

For dinner, just a cup of broth. Too much salad is still too much of a good thing! But we did walk for an hour! Woo hoo!

Wow... Last time I saw a Souplantation was 15 years ago in San Diego. Been to the original establishment, but frequented the second one since it was closer. Learned of it though the son of the founding couple - he & I served together in the same aviation unit.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Lori, I haven't been to a Souplantation in AGES!! It's tough at a place like that - so many yummies!!!

I had a bodacious salad last night! Simple - just lettuce chicken, grated carrots and some goat cheese with low fat plain yogurt. SOOOO yum!

Deanna Joseph

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I never heard of Souplantation. Sounds yummy, though!

I'm making a big pot of veggie soup today. I'll have lots of soup this week. We're supposed to get snow tonight, which is not common here--the city practically shuts down! So, if I get snowed in, I have soup. If I lose electricity, I have tuna! laugh

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh my!! Snow, soup and tuna! Hope you have some good books to read if the electricity goes out!

I remember we had snow here a year ago - it was so fabulous! Then the electricity went out LOL! I threw a log in the fire and read all day. Luckily we were only out about seven hours - I've heard that people back east have had to endure days with not electricity and freezing weather.

Whatcha gonna do if the electricity goes out?

Deanna Joseph

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I have a fireplace, so I'm good for at least a little while if I lose power. I also have a battery operated book light & tons of reading material!

We got three to four inches of icy snow in Memphis and no power issues yet that I've heard of. That much snow is a big deal for us! LOL Major roads are pretty clear, but the temp is dropping tonight & won't get over freezing till the weekend, so it's going to be yucky, it seems.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Souplantation is wonderful if you can exercise restraint. There are so many amazing FRESH vegetable choices and healthful soups. BUT in addition, there are mixed prepared salads of all types plus four types of pasta, seven types of breads and baked potatoes with all the trimmings. And there's a dessert bar, too.

I can't resist the freshly baked blueberry muffins with honey butter.

I skip the desserts entirely, if that makes a difference!

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Wow! Sounds great. Wish there was one here!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I just had some Kashi cereal for the fiber. smile

Jilly #655349 01/11/11 09:54 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Brie cheese, an apple, 3 bean salad with artichokes....that will be my meatless meal for the day.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Bean Pot! I soaked navy beans, baby limas, black-eyed peas, and pinto beans all night. I just turned them on (crock pot) and added a ham hock and onions to them, then seasoned with garlic and pepper. I put in one teaspoon of baking soda.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Mmm, Phyllis. That sounds so good. I love beans!

Today, my daughter and I split a Grilled Chicken Salad. I gave some of the chicken to some stray cats that sat nearby. And I didn't want to tell you but we also shared an order of onion rings. Blast, blast, blast it. frown

My mom and I both love onion rings. I like ranch dip with mine.

Today I had a bowl of oatmeal for lunch with toasted Oat Nut bread.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I had Chic-Fil-A today since I was away from home. Spicy chicken sandwich.

I love Oat Nut bread, Phyllis. I need to put that on my shopping list--haven't had any in awhile. I usually get the high-fiber, low sugar bread.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Miso Soup today. Inspired by the Miso thread in the LowCarb forum.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Finally, I can post something good: tofu salad with lemon juice and olive oil dressing and egg drop soup.

I've decided to go low-carb for good. It's been hard to cook for my aunt who loves junk food but after some great glucose readings after low-carb meals, I'm motivated to change for good.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thai coleslaw with peanut dressing and red snapper fillet. And miso soup with tofu. Homemade. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Today I had a gluten free burrito and a piece of dark chocolate laugh

Deanna Joseph

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Half of a small Portabello Mushroom and Grilled Vegetable Sandwich on hearty grain bread and half of a Mahi Mahi sandwich with chipotle aioli cream sauce. And fresh blueberries. Small sandwiches. My daughter and I shared both. Yummy.

But I know I shouldn't have eaten the bread. I'm supposed to be low-carbing it. I have gained so much weight. ugh.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Homemade black bean burger patties on fresh herb-greens mix with salsa! Hooray! I'm getting stronger about sticking to better choices. I still got my aunt her fast food favorite burger and fries but did not partake! smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Today is a cucumber and shredded chicken with a bit of lemon juice squirted on it, along with a big glass of water with the rest of that lemon juice added!!!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Today it was a butter lettuce salad with turkey and Italian squash and bleu cheese dressing. Mmmmm.... Oh, lavender ice tea!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
A friend took me out to lunch today - Thai!!! Pad Thai to be exact! Mmmm....

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.