Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
azirajewels, Chrissy Brady-Smith, Emma Lomax, noahmiller2, Yass Ifisovich
57459 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57460 Members
417 Forums
113586 Topics
806647 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 417
Nancy Roussy 228
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 122
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jana - Creativity Editor 57
Mona - Astronomy 51
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 40
mary-tea1 23
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#641846 - 11/11/10 02:14 PM Quilting for Charity
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hi readers. Welcome to Bellaonline Quilting Forum. You can make your comments here and share ideas with others.

I am involved with quilting for charity and get a great deal of satisfaction from my efforts.

Do you have any ideas for quilting for charity, or have you heard of others doing different quilting work for their communities.

Tell us about it. We'd love to hear.

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Quilting for Charity to Twitter Add Quilting for Charity to Facebook Add Quilting for Charity to MySpace Add Quilting for Charity to Del.icio.us Digg Quilting for Charity Add Quilting for Charity to Yahoo My Web Add Quilting for Charity to Google Bookmarks Add Quilting for Charity to Stumbleupon Add Quilting for Charity to Reddit
#641871 - 11/11/10 03:24 PM Re: Quilting for Charity [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Bunny53 Offline

Quilting for charity, My friend and I formed a quilting group at our church to bring together all ages and levels of quilters to create beautiful quilts, to then auction the quilt off and use the proceeds to go directly to one of our partnerships at church. Our first choice was grade school that our church body has a partnership with.This grade school is in one of the lowest income areas of our city. There are families from our church who attend this school, as well as work at the school. All of the quilt;the top the batting the backing and the quilting was all donated, both in time and materials.We gather fabrics from many different sources, so that the actual cost of the quilts stay low. We have a friend who has a long arm quilting machine and she has agreed to quilt any raffle or auction quilt for free. We have gathered not only great materials, but great support from family and friends who continue to give so that the we as a church body can give back to the young students and their families. So, 100% of the proceeds went directly to needed families and their children who attend this inter city school. The raffle raised $450.00 and was used to buy new pillows for the childrens' beds, as well as new sheets and blankets for those who needed them. I am now working with the owner of a coffee house to display our next raffle quilt.Having a raffle quilt on display in our neighborhood is exactly what we need, to enlist the support of our neighbors in a way that is non threatening. For the price of a raffle ticket they could win a quilt valued over $700.00 and aid in support of a needed family. Win-Win.

Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Twitter Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Facebook Add Re: Quilting for Charity to MySpace Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilting for Charity Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Reddit
#642238 - 11/13/10 05:14 PM Re: Quilting for Charity [Re: Bunny53]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Wow! Bunny53 that is totally awesome!! I think we all could attempt something like that. For me, I think getting businesses to display your quilt would be the hardest of the process. How did you do it?

I'm going to take this idea to my group and see what they think.

Thanks Bunny53 for your contribution. Fantastic.

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Twitter Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Facebook Add Re: Quilting for Charity to MySpace Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Quilting for Charity Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Stumbleupon Add Re: Quilting for Charity to Reddit

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Change a letter game - 6 letter edition
by Dorcy
Inspiration
Today at 01:11 AM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
Tunafish - cans? packets?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 02:30 PM
Broomsticks Pagan shop
by Ninjahedgewych
Pagan
Yesterday at 10:54 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Yesterday at 09:54 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Yesterday at 09:53 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:50 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Yesterday at 09:46 AM
15 Potluck Dishes for any Occasion
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Attention Deficit Disorder and Pet Ownership
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 08:26 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.