logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#640234 11/04/10 09:23 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Awww darnit. I came to the Cleaning site hoping to find an ebook on the topic, or several, and discovered that nobody owns this topic frown

I HATE cleaning. I hate even thinking about it and I could write an ebook on all of my very successful mental aversion tactics on the topic.

I�m not saying that I don�t do it regularly, because we all have to.....but truly it always feels like the biggest waste of time to me because it just get�s all undone and becomes so repetitive.

So I need an ebook that pulls it all together quickly, and concisely so that I can get cleaning strategies that take minimal time to learn and employ. I need cleaning and organizational help. Not that I need organizational tips in general, I am very good at organizing what I like. When I laid out my first garden I plotted it out on graph paper so that every square inch was orchestrated to my liking. But my brain has a 10 minute timer for cleaning topics and then just clicks off.

I am not a hoarder like you see on TV, but I do get sentimentally attached to inanimate objects and it is a problem in my house. I once had a friend who had never seen the inside of my house, come through the front door into my living room, look around, slowly surveying the room and then say; � Lynn, you need to tip your house upside down over a large plastic rubbish bag and let all of these Googahs just fall into the trash�.

WHAT? NOT my Googahs!

I need help. Somebody write me a book please. I can�t just read all the existing articles here because my ten minute timer will go off before I find and finish one that applies. I need a good book !

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
First thing, don't bring anything else into the house. When you are contemplating making a purchase, ask yourself if you really need the item. The longer you hold on to something, the harder it is to let it go. The one in bold is the one that helps me the most. I'm not one for yard sales, but sometimes I wish I would one.

Most organizers always tell you to ask yourself these kinds of questions and I may have compiled them from Bella:

* Do I love it?
* Do I need it now?
* Can I imagine my family ever loving it or needing it?
Memories are in your heart, not in the stuff.
* If it is not being used, will it help someone else if they can use it now?
* Keep
* Trash
* Sell or Donate

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
some items can be photographed, then tossed or passed along. Childrens artwork and projects is particularly appropriate for this.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.