#640158 11/03/10 08:11 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
With the holidays coming up, I'd love to have a gracious home. It won't come naturally, since I tend to get a bit distracted by life! I'll need to make some plans.

What are your ideas for building a lovely home? Attention Deficit Disorder adds a completely different dimension to holiday revelry. How do you celebrate the holidays without overwhelming stress? Would you share your traditions?

I am feeling lonely on the forum. Seriously. I know that many of you check the posts, but nobody writes anything. What can I do to get feedback? Help, please!

Hope that your blessings are many!
Connie

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hi, Connie! I know how you feel about a lonely forum! frown

I have to confess that I didn't realize we had a ADD site until I happened across one of your articles in the "Just In" links.

Your latest article, "Clean House," made me revisit what my family has suspected of me all along--that I have adult ADD! Years ago, I took my little girl in for screening and one doctor told us that both of us had ADD while a second said neither of us had ADD. I just went back to living my life the only way I knew how and that was jumping from one project to another, one job to another without completing much of anything...and feeling bad about myself for it.

When I do manage to focus on one thing, I can move mountains! But when there are too many irons in the fire, I end up with twenty half-finished tasks and very low self-esteem. The problem is that I can't focus. There are too many delightful distractions and I feel as though I'm cutting out a lot of good things in my life if I focus on only one.

Anyway, thanks for the great article. Keep 'em coming! You spurred me to making some holiday plans before time slips away.

Blessings back to you a hundredfold!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lori, thanks for posting. I appreciate your feedback. Your post was so exciting that I squeaked and scared my birds!

Having one child with a diagnosis of ADD was suggestive, but two was definitive! I don't have an official diagnosis, but reading through my grade cards from elementary school showed me that I've been a bit inattentive since I was a wee little thing.

I know what you mean about going from this to that, and then to something else. I've been afraid to use STUMBLE, since I'd probably get lost in time and space enjoying so much randomness.

Good luck with your holiday plans. I'll be writing more about holidays soon.

Have a blessed day,
Connie

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I'm sorry if I missed something but what is STUMBLE?

I really do love randomness. It feels so free! Routine locks me in and I hate that.

Your article about Tai Chi motivated me to order a few DVDs on netflix. I'll give it a try.

Meditation really helps me. And making lists. Looking forward to your holiday articles!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Good to hear from you again, Lori!
Stumbleupon.com seeks to match your interests to whatever websites that they select for you. From what my husband told me, they also have kind of a random selection option, where you just get wonderful random sites. I don't want to try it, because I'm afraid that I will find the mother of all fascinating time-wasters! It could be more fascinating than online genealogy research. I can sit and do that until I get computer neck!

I love random knowledge, but that Stumbleupon might be too random.

There are some interesting tai chi videos on the net. An older tai chi master, Chen Man Cheng has some videos. He is grace and power personified.

Well, my birds are tired of me keeping them awake. Enjoy the dvds.

Connie

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love yoga for much the same reason you enjoy tai chi - that it helps you focus and guide your mind in one direction. It's a great skill set for all of us to learn!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Welcome to the ADD site! It's great to see you here.

My husband does yoga, and our oldest son is starting it. We think it might help him become more flexible for his martial arts. Focus would be a definite bonus!

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.