logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Hawaii honeymoon [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
hi............ I knew at that moment, he was the perfect husband. We checked in to our hotel in Paris, and our room wouldn't be ready until the following day, so they had to put us in the area of the hotel which was under construction. I didn't mind. I was just happy to get out of the mosquito castle. When I was washing up in the bathroom, I saw a mouse scurry by my foot out of the corner of my eye. After screaming and slamming the door, I called down to the concierge who apologized profusely and moved us to the Presidential suite in the other tower with gorgeous views of the Eiffel Tower, Louvre and the Tuileries Gardens. Traumatizing, yes, but the end result was amazing. The rest of our honeymoon was drama (and rodent) free, and I had an incredible time. One of my favorite parts of the entire trip was the water taxi ride from the Venice airport to the hotel right off the Grand Canal...such an amazing city.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
When I married my second husband, I thought life would be wonderful. We both loved the same type of music, played in folk groups, had so much in common. I would have a home again for my kids and I and everyone got along great. His kids were adults and on their own, visited often and loved my kids.

On our honeymoon, it was so romantic until we got back to the motel room after a wonderful dinner and dancing. My new husband had champagne on ice. After he poured the champagne he took a thick envelope out of his suitcase and proceeded to show me some "contracts" he wanted me to sign in "case we get a divorce". I was horrified! All the "contracts" were to protect him and his inheritance from his parents and his investments so I could never touch them. I had no intention of marrying him for his money - I thought we had married for love and companionship.

Obviously our marriage went down hill from there. It did not last long because he constantly insisted I sign papers "in case we get a divorce".

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/17/10 10:20 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
B
B
Would have loved to have gone on mine even if it was only supposed to be a few days tooling around Vancouver Island and Seattle to go whale watching ... 2 weeks before the wedding he took off with his ex!

J
J
when going for a honeymoon even on the 2nd relationship, kids should not be included. It will surely break the moment, you can leave you kids in your grandparent for a day or two. This way, your [url=http://www.plazatravel.com]luxury honeymooon[/url] will be worthwhile.

Last edited by James Hall; 11/01/10 10:05 PM.
W
Amoeba
Amoeba
W
OK, this is a good topic for me.... Four years ago my wife and I went to St. Lucia in Carribean for our honeymoon. Beautiful place, incredibly poor country (they collect rainwater in tubs on the roof of shacks, for lack of much running water). Things went great the first day, we drank, swam, snorkled, ate great food, um, etc... Anyway, I woke up on day two with a terrible stomach ache, but I thought, "Well, we're on our honeymoon, won't let a belly ache slow me down", so we went down for breakfast, of which I ate none. Then we went on to our sailing lesson, and to do some snorkeling. Anyway, to make this long part of the story short, we went back to the room after lunch and I became very ill. I couldn't even drink water without, um, sending it back up. Anyway, this went on for like 6 hours, then housekeeping came by, saw me, and called the management, who came and called the doctor. So this is where it gets bad. (Side note, My wife and I had only brought $146 with us, me having had to sell my 1966 Mustang in order to finance the trip & the wedding in the first place). So, the Doctor told me to go to the hospital, so my wife asked the management to call an ambulance. They said that the ambulance would not come there, and we would have to take a cab. OK, whatever, so the nice manager just happened to have a cab driver with him in our room, so my wife (I couldn't stand up or really speak at this point) paid the guy and he took us to what I guess passes for a hospital in a thrid world country. Upon arrival, my wife! had to drag me into the hospital as the manager (who came along) and the driver offered no assistance. Then we waited for 45 minutes with me laying on the dirtiest floor I have ever had the pleasure of seeing while they cleared out one of the six beds that were inthe hospital (only hospital serving a city of some 60,000). Anyway, they took me back to a room with only three walls (one of them had fallen down at some point) and put me in a bed with covered with sheets that were stained with substances that I and my wife chose not to investigate. My head turned to the right, and I saw a large roach crawl up the crack block wall. I didn't really care. My wife had to go back out to the front room, and she was gone for a very long time. She had forgotten to bring our money, and was told that the doctors would not treat me until she brought them a receipt saying that we had paid. Anyway, she had to take another cab back to the resort, get our small wad of cash, and hand all but $23 over to the hospital. Meanwhile, I was laying in the hospital bed, looking at the stars (strange) for about 1 hour with no treatment. Sarah came back and helped me get to a bathroom that had no door, toilet seat or toilet paper (which they refused to provide, must be a precious resource down there!). I came back, and they finally started me on an IV. Then the large carribbean man next to me woke up. He was talking nonsense, and was obviously there only because he had some serious chemicals in his bloodstream. He began talking to me and saying, "Boy. Hey Boy. I'm going to kill you Boy.". I felt like garbage at this point, so I think I actually said "please do." Anyway, he began telling me how he was going to kill me (graphically). I still couldn't move or talk much at this point, and my wife had fainted and was sitting down on the other side of the room recovering, so I just sat there quietly and listened to how the crazy guy next to me was going to kill me. Ah, memories. I spent the rest of the honeymoon, save the last two days, in bed recovering. So there's my honeymoon horror story. Sorry if its too long.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michelle-Honeymoons 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.