logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#639613 11/01/10 11:59 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Just finished my last class at Ashford. It has been a good experience, just a couple of small complaints about it.

Only one of my four instructors pointed out in a our discussions for the students to quit using Wikipedia as a source (DUH!). It's a good jumping off place, but not an academic or reliable source due to the probability of anyone making changes in the information available.

The other complaint is the obvious lack of instruction or information delivered to students that discussion boards, while a part of "classroom" discussion, do require grammatical and spelling correctness. Occasional issues I can deal with, but there quite a few students in all my classes that, seriously, I had NO idea what they were saying and several that I had to hope my interpretation of their writing was what they were saying. Spellcheck will not catch everything, but the errors were the same errors over and over. Especially in my comp class (literature/comp/historical context) the worst of the errors were apparent. They should have been addressed. It was the worst for these errors.

Now .. I'm working on finishing up the paperwork to attempt to get out of one "beginning" class at APU, then get my final paperwork finished at Ashford (grades, withdrawals, etc) so that I can begin in Dec at APU .... woot woot!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
Alright!!!!! Can't wait to have you at APU.

My instructors seem strict in the weekly announcements and in the syllabus in regard to using Wikipedia, spelling, grammar, and the length of posts. Yet, students seem to ignore it. Thank goodness I am not the only one seeing this.

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Glad that you enjoyed your classes at Ashford Sara and hope that you have a good experience at APU as well. It will be great that you and Rebecca will have even more in common now. smile

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
More historical discussions will be taking place. Watch out BellaOnline smile

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Rebecca, you make me work too hard LOL (I love it - just love the grumble more hehehe).

My last grade was just posted ... 4.0 (woot woot). It was only a 96.something%, so I need to pump it up a little when I transfer. I'm shocked I got as good as I did because I felt like I really lazed my way through it. I can't continue that. I think I'm antsy for my transfer. yeehaw

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
LOL - I felt that I was getting tired of one class and got bad on my final. Thankfully I didn't.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Congratulations, that is great news!! It sounds like things are going swimmingly!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.