Next Thread
Print Thread
#639459 10/31/10 01:30 PM
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I am taking one class that is strange. It is the one I mentioned about going back and forth with an email that he told me to send and then argued about it. Well..

I noticed the strangest grading issue. He has given me 94/6 on each assignment. I emailed him questioning it. He cut and pasted from the syllabus a section. No. He claims the system cannot handle % grading though all my other classes do just fine. He wants to give me a 94. He puts a 94 in the system and then tells me that I have to manually calculate 94/100 x .06 = 5.64/6 = 94 for my final grade. They system shows me at 1566% standing.

I get leery of teachers like this who supposedly have been in the distance learning field for years and still cannot work the software. Plus, teachers who give the exact same grade for every assignment makes me really leery. The only comment I get is that he enjoys my comments. No suggests to improve at all.

What is your opinion about this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
UGH! I dunno 'bout that instructor. It's prettty strange, and I have to admit, it would give me a horrid feeling. I'd take screenprints of a lot of stuff and keep the emails, just in case.

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
It does sound a little strange. I have never heard of anyone marking like that before. 94/6? Why doesn't he just say 94% and let you work out the mark out of 6 as he just showed you how to do or just mark as 5.64out of 6?

Have you already asked him how you could get a 98% or 100% on an assignment? Is there a marking rubric so that you can see where the marks are not perfect? It doesn't sound like there is. Ask him about the possibility of supplying one. It is the best way to see where you can improve if the instructor won't make comments and it also gives everyone the chance to improve by paying attention to it. They can be somewhat open to interpretation but at least gives you something to go by and to talk to the instructor about if you don't agree.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
According the syllabus and the information he gave at the beginning of the class, there is a rubric. He just does not supply one. I discovered that his comments on my work so far are exactly the same. I honestly do not think he is reading it.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I definitely concur to keep a ton of records on this class. Document everything.

Is there a "higher up" you can gently talk to just to get some more information?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
So far, it seems to be getting better, but the teacher does not always seem alert to what is going on. I am keeping details on it all.

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.