logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: ancientflaxman
Very insightful Rebecca!! I never thought of it. Its like when I try to talk to my brothers about these things I usually end up loosing them after 10 to 15 words. They are cool guys and I love them but they are about as deep as a piece of rice paper. LOL Thank you!!

Dave, Angelfire is a good site to start a free web site.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ah.... finally found the verse I was thinking of grin

From 1 John 4
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.

I have had contact with spirits, and I know they weren't demons.

When Jesus was accused of being possessed by demons, he said:

"How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divied against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come." ~ Mark 3:23

I believe if a spirit comes to us with intention of helping us and not themselves, they could not be demon.

Last edited by Dreams/Inspiration Editor; 11/21/10 08:49 PM.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: ancientflaxman
You guys are great!!! My love to every one of you!! This is a womans site and I should not be on here. The only problem is that guys don't usually get it!! I know of no sites like this for guys because I have looked. I feel sometimes like a fifth wheel. Anytime you ladies want me off of her just send me a PM and I am gone. Your tolerance is incredible!!! Dave

Dave, I have always thought your posts were so insightful! I'm happy to finally have the chance to interact with you - and I'm very glad you're here!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
To add this, I still believe the same about the ghost topic, but to know and understand where others come is very insightful. I enjoy respectfully discussing topics that we might not agree on. You learn something about me. I learn something about you. Who knows what one of us will say to inspire or have the other one think deeper about.

The key is respect. I cannot talk with my mother-in-law much because she gets extremely worked up over religion and politics and we typically agree on the religion part. I don't like the confrontation. I would prefer to be able state my belief even when it might not be popular and not have WWIII occur. :)Think of what she is missing by not learning more about me on those "disagreeable" topics.

My grandmother always swore that ghosts were real because of an encounter she had. Though from her description, I would have to argue that it was demonic. I wasn't there, but it was horrible what she described. Then again, this woman believed that worms came from horse hair that fell in water and that all pregnant women were to be secluded because they would mark their baby. I loved that woman smile

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Thank you Deanna, its a real pleasure to meet you. Anybody interested in inspiration and dreams is very akin to me. Rebecca, you hit the nail on the head!! In our respect and acceptance of each other we have the freedom to make very deep choices-decisions about the course of our life whereas in rejection, intolerance, or fear we will hold onto whatever we have because of insecurity and would never change. I am so happy to know both of you!!!! Dave

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
Glad to meet you, Dave. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Originally Posted By: Dreams/Inspiration Editor
Ah.... finally found the verse I was thinking of grin

From 1 John 4
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.

I have had contact with spirits, and I know they weren't demons.

When Jesus was accused of being possessed by demons, he said:

"How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divied against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come." ~ Mark 3:23

I believe if a spirit comes to us with intention of helping us and not themselves, they could not be demon.

Hi Deanna,

I've just been reading in 1 John myself--great letter. John was writing to a group of churches dealing with false teachers, some denying Jesus was the Christ, some denying he had come in the flesh. In context, the spirits are those of false teachers (false prophets), as opposed to people teaching the gospel accurately, who would be indwelt with the Spirit of God. So John tells his readers to test these teachers by asking them whether Jesus Christ has come in the flesh (the two things, Christ and flesh, that they denied). If they said no, they were not from God, but as the rest of the verse just after the portion you quoted says, "this is the spirit of the antichrist..." Note that he is not talking about the spirits of dead people wandering the earth. The context is truth and error. Now I wouldn't really say to try this at home, but if anyone did see what they thought was the spirit of a dead person, they might ask it whether Jesus is the Christ and has come in the flesh, and see what happens. Me, I would never seek to communicate with such a thing.

In the quote from Mark, (and forgive me if I'm missing your point on this one) the context again has nothing to do with ghosts/spirits of dead people, but demon possession. I think what you're getting at is that a spirit might have good intentions toward us...and thus not be a demon. I live by what Scripture teaches, and that is that our enemy is the father of lies. I believe that if he thought that we might be misled by a demon posing as a benevolent spirit supposedly trying to help us, he would assign a demon to that task post haste. The deception might even be more effective if what the spirit told you actually did help you. Then you might be convinced that listening to ghosts/demons was a good thing.

This is, of course, the orthodox Christian view, obviously not shared by many other posters.

Thanks for joining the conversation!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Rebecca G.

The key is respect. I cannot talk with my mother-in-law much because she gets extremely worked up over religion and politics and we typically agree on the religion part. I don't like the confrontation. I would prefer to be able state my belief even when it might not be popular and not have WWIII occur. :)Think of what she is missing by not learning more about me on those "disagreeable" topics.

I totally agree Rebecca. I have a close relative that I actually cannot talk about religion OR politics with. And it's disappointing. They can both be pretty big parts of life.

Your Grandma sounds like a hoot laugh

Deanna Joseph

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
LOL. She was.

Maybe we can do our own respectful discussions and get it all off our chest smile without being handed back our heads.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Rebecca G.
LOL. She was.

Maybe we can do our own respectful discussions and get it all off our chest smile without being handed back our heads.

HA HA!! I LOVE that idea Rebecca.

It's interesting how wildly varying each sect of Christianity can be. I was raised a Southern Baptist, and am now part of Unity Christ Church. They are so different, it's crazy LOL!

As a Southern Baptist I didn't actually have any interest in asking about the ghosts. But with Unity I've found quite a few who more fringe beliefs {like me} laugh

Recently a friend of mine passed away. I was trying to write a song for his memorial service, but it just didn't seem to be coming out right. It was a struggle. Then I clearly heard him in my mind say "does that song really sound like me?" I had to laugh because, no, it didn't. Within 10 minutes I wrote such a lovely song, and it totally felt right. And it felt like the Holy Spirit working through me when it was created - it just felt beautiful and perfect and lovely and it happened so quickly.

I was so humbled by the experience, and just felt so blessed.

When I feel humbled and blessed, I always feel closer to God.

Deanna Joseph

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.