Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#639299 10/29/10 11:03 PM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Here's my two cents on Are Ghosts Real? Can't really say about Elvis...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Great article, LeeAnn. I agree completely. There are no such thing as ghosts. They are actually demons.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I have always believed that the 'ghosts' people see or sence are demons. They are definately not lost souls. God doesn't lose souls. When we die, believers are with Jesus, non-believers don't wander around. Their destination is hell.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
So Lynne, you obviously didn't get your education on this subject from Hollywood--:)

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
It's funny how many people do rely on Hollywood for there information.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
LeAnn, Please tell me the scripture chapter and verse where the Bible tells us about ghosts. My next question, have you, Lynn, Or Lisa ever seen or had anything to do with a demon? Does the Holy Ghost exist or is that a demon?

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Hi ancientflaxman,

The Holy Ghost in the KJV is better translated Holy Spirit, in that God is spirit as opposed to flesh. Angels are spirit beings, too, and that category includes fallen angels, or demons.

The Bible doesn't tell us about ghosts, nor vampires, nor werewolves, nor any other make-believe creature, the KJV's reference to unicorns notwithstanding.

I know that my adversary is a demon, and have no doubt that his minions occasionally attempt to interfere as I do my best to live for God. I rest, though, in the assurance that I belong to Jesus Christ, the Creator of the universe, and thus no evil can have any power over me.

May I ask what your interest is in the matter?

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
LeeAnn,

Got a question for you.

I totally agree with your assessment about ghosts being demons and the like, but what would be their purpose in haunting and the like? My aunt claims that she is regularly visited by her grandfather. She is a believer, but she believes that the dead do come back to visit and communicate. I say that the enemy uses the pleasant things to draw our attention from God. She cannot see how grandpa visiting her can be evil.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
You certainly may!!! I do not know what version that you speak fo but 90 times in the King James version of the Bible it referes to the Holy Ghost. LeAnn,let your adversary be a demon but do not let it be ignorance. You have never seen such a spectre but there are many Christians who have. They may not admit it to you but neither would I if I was a Christian. I, despite what you may be thinking have much respect for you but let me speak for a moment if you are open to hear it. Frankly if someone believes in ghosts or not is of little consequence to me as I have my own oppinion and that I will keep to myself. I speak to my share of people in what I do and many of them have had such experiences. I do not try to convince them that they are right or wrong but what I see is that some are terrified that another Christian will judge them if they confess such a thing. Despite what the popular opinion is many Christians have had experiences with beings from beyond. Where do they go without condemnation? With what has previously been posted about this subject would they feel comfortable even attempting to admit such a thing on this site? I am not your enemy here, I just want you to think about what kind of a situation that they are in. It is not all about Biblical laws or rules, lofty opinions, or fear, nor is it about condemnation. Jesus was all about love. He had an encounter with a harlot and by love and forgiveness he made a fervent believer but He did not do it by reminding her of her past or what was right, wrong, scriptural, or whatever, He just loved her and she changed. Christians do come to me to ask about experiences that many other Christians have condemned them for, or at least feel that they would be condemned. Its easy to say, I don't believe that, or that is wrong thinking, or that is the devil, when we don't even undestand the compassion that it takes to change hearts. Acceptance is first and then teaching in love for complete understanding is paramount. What many feel is that if they confess what they know that they will be judged as evil or demons themselves. It is time that if Christians speak the name of Jesus that they have the understanding that it takes to build lives not on fear, guilt, or condemnation, but on genuine compassion and that the ones that we are dealing with can see that light coming from within us. In that fervent love lives will and are changed and no other way!!!!! One can preach a house afire, know all about scripture, be respected by a multitude of others or feel completely justified in a sea of theological knowledge and yet ......Thou I speak with the tongue of men and angels------------

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 11/18/10 09:36 PM.
R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
The actual Greek when it came to the "Holy Ghost" meant Spirit or Breath. "Ghost" the common word for spirit during the days when the King James Bible was translated.

Are there ghosts? Yes. Samuel was summoned and his ghost or spirit was upset with Saul. Ghosts are not a topic discussed much in the bible and they are not a common presence. The only spiritual beings that are faced typically in the Word are demons and angels. Paul says to test the spirits. If they are not directly from God, they have to be from the enemy.

There is no reason this topic cannot be discussed calmly even when we disagree.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.