logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#571355 12/18/09 08:27 AM
L
OP Offline
L
This is a topic that might be difficult to discuss. The helpfulness and sensitivity I have read on this forum regarding other issues leads me to believe that this is a great place to discuss this one.

All the best.

Linda Gynecology

Last edited by Linda - Gynecology Editor; 12/18/09 08:35 AM.

Linda Reid
[url=www.bellaonline.com/site/gynecology]Gynecology[/url]
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hi Linda,

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I was wondering what my options are for thinning vaginal walls (and thus, painful intercourse) as I age. A doctor recommended hormone therapy but I don't want to go down that road.

Aside from lubricants, are there any other therapies I can try?

Chi

L
OP Offline
L
Hi Chi

I am just post-menopausal now and was having problems with painful intercourse due to thinning vaginal walls, low lubrication etc. Welcome to the golden years! Anyway, my doctor put me on Vagifem which is a really, really low dose of estrogen that is a tiny pill inserted into the [censored]. It is very safe and has none of the side-effects and dangers associated with hormone replacement therapy. It is usually recommended that it be inserted daily for the first couple of weeks and then a couple of times a week after that. I can attest to the fact that it works very well. I also recommend using lots of lubrication such as KY-Jelly even with the Vagifem. It reduces the chance of pain and irritation caused by friction. Hope this helps.

Linda Reid
[url=www.bellaonline.com/site/gynecology]Gynecology[/url]
Amoeba
Amoeba
This happened me at the early months of marriage. Use of lubricants worked at the intercourse but brought swelling after it. After trying 2 docs, my problem solved by the hormones treatment.

J
J
Symptoms of pain related to intercourse can occur when entry is attempted or during or immediately following sexual intercourse.The most common symptom is pain on entry.The second most common symptom is deep pain.Other symptoms include feelings of muscle spasms, cramps, or muscle tightness.Pain during intercourse may be described as primary or secondary, as complete or situational, and as superficial-entrance or deep thrust types.Primary pain with intercourse is pain that has existed for the woman's entire sexual lifetime.Secondary pain develops after a symptom-free period of time.Complete pain means the woman experiences pain in all situations of intercourse. Situational pain occurs with a particular partner or a certain type of stimulation.Superficial-entrance pain is noticeable at penetration.Deep thrust pain is located at the cervix or in the lower abdominal area and is noticeable during or after penetration.A woman may perceive pain during intercourse even without any physical cause. Sexual pain without an apparent physical cause may be a mental health issue.

Hi, I have pain during intercourse and it's because of endometriosis. It's the deep pain and the symptoms only go away when I'm on birth control. It's awful and makes intercourse incredibly uncomfortable and unbearable. I'm sure other people have this problem, but it feels like I'm the only one! =[

S
S
Rosetea

How are you doing? I know how it can be so overwhelming "feeling alone" where endometriosis is concerned...you are not alone. Please write with any concerns or if I help you in any way. Visit our web sites for lots of info.

God Bless,

Sheila

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.