Next Thread
Print Thread
#637615 10/21/10 12:14 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Belief in a higher power varies from culture to culture. The three main religions of our world base their belief structure around the existence of a male all powerful and knowing deity. But, does this deity, in all actuality, exist? Is there concrete scientifically based proof? What do you think?

Does God Exist?

Last edited by Linda, Philosophy Editor; 10/22/10 10:04 PM.

Linda Paul
Tarot
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think it matters not one hoot if god exists or not. And of course there is no concrete scientifically based proof. It would be irrelevant to the conversation anyway... for many do not believe in science as an ultimate answer for anything and for those who believe in god what science has to say is equally irrelevant. So what is the point in trying to convince anybody one way or another. Just let be what is.

One of the major religions of the world, within its core tennents makes not one mention of god
The 8 Fold Path

Last edited by Arrow - Stomach Issues; 10/22/10 03:48 PM.

Arrow Durfee
Stomach Issues
Stomach Issues Forum

"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" John Lennon

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
No, there is no scientific proof that God exists. This has been a debating point for decades and longer. For myself, I cannot look at the sky, the beautiful sunrise/sunsets, be in Nature, listen to a thunder and lightning storm, watch the rebirth of everything in spring, or see a newborn babe without thanking God for allowing me to be a part of it all.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
According to medical science, I should be dead. When I didn't die from my car accident, the doctors basically told my husband that I would be a vegetable for the rest of my life. The doctors and nurses could not understand how my body and mind kept healing beyond what they said it would. My stay in the hospital that was supposed to last for at least 6 months lasted just under 6 weeks.

Every day when I exercise, I thank God for healing my arms and legs. I thank him for healing my mind to the point that I was able to finish homeschooling my children and now teach at a Christian school.

For me, it matters greatly that God exists, for without him I would be dead. I have absolutely no doubt that God exists.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Linda, Philosophy Editor
Belief in a higher power varies from culture to culture. The three main religions of our world base their belief structure around the existence of a male all powerful and knowing deity. But, does this deity, in all actuality, exist? Is there concrete scientifically based proof? What do you think?

I don't personally believe in the "deity" created by these religions, any more than I believe that Zeus or Apollo sit in the clouds and watch what I'm doing.

I suppose when looking for evidence, we'd have to take into our account what our definition of the almighty is. I don't think anyone could ever prove the existence of the lord of the bible. But I don't suppose that matters much to those who whole heartedly believe. laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
It really is all about faith rather than god, gods, or whether or not a higher power exists - we all need faith that there is more than what we physically feel, see, hear and sense. With faith we heal, we enrich, we expand, we more than just exist. Faith is not religion, at least not the way I consider faith - for me faith is that we are greater than the physical - the mind and soul together is the higher power.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I don't believe in a God that you can pray to. I don't believe there's a God out there that has an agenda for one specific religion or another to rise to power.

I believe moreover in a power that is connecting of and through all and each one of us and we have the power to manifest creations, to an extent we aren't even aware of quite yet.

I guess in my perception, it's more mathmatical in substance but divine as there isn't anything negative that positive isn't birthed out of - it's continuous and all a part of the whole.

What's that saying? Technology without a sence of God is destructive. Technology with a sense of God has unlimited potential.

With what i've come to understand, there's a higher power, but I don't believe it's male nor female but a composite of the two (+/-), as we pretty much see in anything. Nothing goes to waste, there's never an end and there is always something being created.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Amoeba
Amoeba
[quote=Phyllis Doyle Burns]there is no scientific proof that God exists. [/quote]
But it does not mean that god does not exist.

N
N
I do not believe in god but I do have many beliefs.

Since there is no proof whether there is one or not I have left that door opened (not very wide but its still opened in case) like with every other subjects that have not been proven false or correct (theres 1 though i refuse to leave the door open because its so ridiculous and stupid that it makes believing in god sane [that by the way i see this as a mental illness but that proves that i have an open mind to still keep that door opened to the possibility that im wrong and also i can debate and talk about it normally] its the thinking that only on this planet there is life).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.