Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I do not care for American beers; I enjoy beer when visiting Europe. We have an Alehouse in town that has a catalog of beer that they serve. Pilsner is good.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
20 years later I still associate beer with frat parties in college so I never got into drinking it. Then again I don't drink wine or any other type of alcohol as I've never taken the time to learn about them. I plan to tho in the future.

Last edited by leahmullen; 05/10/09 11:28 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

G
G
I love belgium beers, Hoegaarden is one of my favourite, with slice of lemon even taste better! Usually Belgian beers are much stronger than British ones.You'll find that 5% is one of the weaker beers. 7% or 8% are common and even 10% or 11% isn't exactly rare.

B
B
I developed a love for the entire spectrum of beers while working in a brewery where I had the opportunity to sample almost all of the styles. I find that my girlfriends that aren't acquainted with craft beer are surprised at the flavors when I present them with beer & cheese or beer & food pairings (the maltier beers are especially good with chocolate!) Today, American breweries are highly revered by Europeans as being innovators; taking English, Belgian and German styles and making them into American styles (usually with American-bred hops). Most grocery stores now carry an assortment of craft beers; even the big breweries are now developing beers with more flavor. Beer styles can be sorted according to body (how much malt went into it), % alcohol, color, or bitterness. On the lighter end of the spectrum are wheat beers (Hoegaarden is a Belgian wheat beer; there are American clones). Mid-range styles include Pilsners, Oktoberfests. Stouts are actually lower in body, alcohol & bitterness than most styles--although their color is very dark; they can be "floated" on top of other styles. On Mother's Day, my college-aged son & I cooked up a simple homebrew from a kit of "Honey Wheat" that is very tasty; he's sharing with friends and I hope they begin to appreciate the craft of beer (savoring flavors rather than guzzling)! If you really are interested in learning more, an excellent book is "Tasting Beer" by Randy Mosher. Also, the Brewers' Association has a great website, look for "education."

D
D
haa... usefull:)

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
If you are familiar with the ordering and creation process, or want to review prices, click on Pardon That Vine to review all personalized wine selections. I recently came across while surfing the net. Hope it will help you.

A
A
Here in Central California, we used to have to drive 5 hours to buy it. Gradually it worked its way south till now we can buy it in our very small town of 1800 people.

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/09/11 11:36 AM.
M
M
Start drinking social light beer, perhaps even flavored beer like a raspberry wheat ale. I found the best way for me to start drinking beer was to try the flavored beers first, then the dark beer, then the light. However, like I said, a lot of people start with light beer. Regardless of type of beer, it's always easiest to start drinking socially. That way your own apprehensions are not the only thing on your mind.

C
C
i like the fruit beer

I like the wheat beers like a german wiessbier, they're always refreshing and easy to like.

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/09/11 11:36 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.