Next Thread
Print Thread
#635109 10/06/10 04:19 AM
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I loved this article. In one of my classes we are discussing the learning environment. I'm learning that my study space sucks.

I'm looking to creating a place in the basement. The only distraction once we get it organized would be the washer and dryer which really could be my forced breaks smile

Thank you for a great article. I'm going to try to implement it soon.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I'm glad you liked and benefited from the article Rebecca.
However, I must warn you that the research now shows that it is better for retention to vary the place that you study. It was reported in the New York Times on September 6th and I linked to it from the Sharp Brain website recently. So now I have to update my article. Most of the article is still valid because interruptions are not good. The Times made a couple of other points too so maybe I will just write another article with the new information. Here is the link to the article if you would like to read it now rather than wait for the new article I write. smile
Forget What You Know About Good Study Habits

It's another great reason to use those flashcards while waiting in lines or sitting on a bus etc. and for sitting in the park on a nice day to do some studying.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
Thanks for the info. My problem is the distractions. I've been studying at a local diner periodically and then at a coffee shop to help change things so I have unknowingly been doing that. Thanks for the link smile

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Absolutely we hear from editors all the time that the place you do your work / study in makes a HUGE difference in how smoothly it goes. Even minor changes like clearing the clutter off your desk can lead to giant boosts in productivity. We are all different so the key is to find what works for YOU. Someone might love pure silence but someone else might love soft classical music. That sort of thing.

It seems most studies point to what YOU feel is beautiful to being key. So if you love flowers, even a picture of a flower on your desk can really help. If you love cats, maybe a cat statue. Figure out what you adore and then make an effort to have your work area inspire you!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.