Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#635558 10/08/10 02:06 PM
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I'm really trying to get ahead on my schoolwork as for three more weeks I have three classes. I was so excited to have all my work for this week done on time and even two assignments (reading and quiz) done for next week. I'm hoping to get a few discussion boards in today for next week also. I have two final research papers due in the next three weeks so I really want to have time for that.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Rebecca -

That's very interesting. I am taking 4 classes and only ONE of them has posted ahead of what will be due. In the other three it's a complete mystery until that week begins.

There is a syllabus so I think I can see for most classes what to read - but in my case since the assignments are so specifically tied to specific topics in the book, I would rather read them fresh knowing what I need to be writing about. I.e. if I read 3 weeks ahead in my finance book, and then in 3 weeks I was given a specific assignment, I'd need to re-read the chapter anyway to get that information in detail. So it wouldn't help me much to read ahead like that.

I wonder, do most schools tell you all your weekly schoolwork in advance?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
One of my classes gives everything in advance.

The other two have only the Discussion Board as a secret until the first of the week. Chapters to read and projects are given ahead.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That sounds like it makes your life MUCH easier to plan if you know all of those things in advance! My life is a guessing game smile

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Ashford gives each weeks assignments at the beginning of class with the syllabus in a course guide. I don't work ahead, except in prepping for the research papers, because we still have to check in twice weekly (minimum)for posts and responses. I could, realistically, read ahead and do all the tests and assignments in the beginning. But, like you, Lisa, I like to be fresh with the assignments for appropriate responses and posts.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
This current week is even more challenging for me. I have 4 classes. I have this chart I fill out each Monday with the reading, forum posts, assignments, etc. due for each class so I can stay sane. This current week TWO of my classes hadn't posted their information at all! So I couldn't even begin to work on them yet. Hopefully they will post their info tomorrow!

Low Carb Forum
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Hope the information was posted today for those other two classes.
It is a good thing you are so organized. It sounds like it would be a nightmare for those of who are less adept at managing our time.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
Everything is working smoothly except one class was very unclear in the discussion board portion. He said to post and to respond to four other students. He said that he would then respond and we were to respond to him, yet he never said when he would respond. My other class was very clear on the syllabus that our initial post deadline is Friday, instructor responds by Monday, and all replies to students and instructor by Wednesday. The new class was extremely vague.

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Rebecca - did you ask him when he would respond or just waiting this time to see what happens? Maybe after the first week he will do it the same way each week. It would be nice to know eh?

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
R
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
R
I'm kind of holding out since we are still in the beginning. If I don't hear anything by the time I post tomorrow, I'll email him and check on procedures.

Sara, this is that research class. I'll let you know about him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.