Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#634860 10/04/10 06:10 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Stories of the dead haunting the living have been told for thousands of years. But have you ever thought that maybe they just have something to say?

Dreaming the Dead

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
After my grandad died I had a dream that he came to me and comforted me and then told me he was counting on me to make sure my gramma was ok. So I did what he wanted. I always think of that dream and it makes me feel good.

I dreamt of my great gramma once and she kept trying to give me this red hat. I dont' know why but she couldn't talk. So I called my gramma the next day and she told me that her mother loved to wear hats. I never would have known that otherwise!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Shortly after my Dad died he came to me in dreams several times. During the last one he said that he only had a limited number of visits available to him and he had to save one for my Mom on her birthday, so that would be the last time he visited me.

During the dreams I was aware that he had died and that I was dreaming. Those dreams were very comforting as I adjusted to being without my Dad, he never had any important messages, just was there for me.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
They certainly have something to say. In my opinion these are not just dreams but actual visitation...

Some people when they are in the dying process have dead ancestors come to their bedside. As a hospice nurse I have heard many stories of these kind of visitations also.

Arrow Durfee
Stomach Issues
Stomach Issues Forum

"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" John Lennon

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Conniem, what a nice story! And how fun to learn about her hats. I believe that sometimes the dead can't speak to us in dreams because of the work it takes them just to get there. Sometimes I think it's all they can do to just appear - and from there on it's sign language LOL! Others, maybe they have more experience, don't seem to have any trouble speaking.

One time my father-in-law called me in a dream, on a dream telephone, to ask me to tell my husband that he was proud of him. I thought this was so funny LOL! I was like "hey, why don't you just pop in and let me see you?" Maybe that was all he could manage.

But I do believe that spirits arrive in the afterlife, and have to go through an adjustment period, and learning process. When my step-dad died he just went into a sleeping mode. I dreamed about this, and had it later confirmed by a psychic that I didn't know. I want to say he was in that state for quite a while!

My grandfather appeared to me once, and conveyed a message to me without talking. I just knew what he was saying without him having to speak at all.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Helen, I think the comfort we receive from a visit with our loved ones is easily as valuable as any "important" message we receive.

It's so sweet he planned ahead for your mom's birthday! Did she ever say anything to you about it?

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Arrow smile I TOTALLY agree! I believe these are honest to goodness visitations - absolutely!

I've heard that about the ancestors too. I wonder what that would be like?

I bet you have heard some amazing stories!

My Grandma told me that when her mother was dying, she told my Grandma that she heard harp music. Didn't see anyone though that I'm aware of. Not that my Great-Grandma would have shared that though LOL! It would have freaked my Grandma out a bit, I'm sure!

Last edited by Dreams/Inspiration Editor; 10/05/10 10:52 AM.

Deanna Joseph

Hi everyone, My father passed away on Easter 2000. Of course, I will never forget that day. I have lost track of the number of visits he has made to me. I am the only one in the family he has visited (smiling proudly). When he was alive we talked on the telephone every single night. I believe his favorite pasttime was giving me advise and he still does. When I have a major decision to make I can always count on him to visit. The best visits are on the holidays when I "enforce" one of his many traditions during the family gathering, he'll come to me in a dream and just stand nearby moving his head up and down as if giving his approval. He worked in a steel mill for 30 years, sometimes I can smell that particular scent which reminds me that he is still near and cares. Your article made me feel very good. Thank you. I thank God for dreams, memories and life!!!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Manhunter... thank you SOOO much for sharing this!

That's so wonderful that your father visits you so often.

Would you have considered yourself pretty receptive to this kind of thing before his visits started?

Has he ever given you messages for other people?

Deanna Joseph

Yes, I have always been receptive to vistors. I had a imaginary friend from the time I was 5 - 8 years old. I can still describe how he looked back then. He was an older man who played games with me inside and outside the house, he was always around, he even sat at the dinner table with my family (no one else could see him but I thought they could). I asked my parents before they passed away and my brother if they remembered an older man living with us and of course they all said NO. I truly believe he was one of my first spirit guides. Strange story but true. He taught me not to be afraid because I was a little different then most people. My father has given me messages for my little brother and my aunt (my father's sister). Once I was telling her that I dreamed about my father again. She got really upset and asked me to ask my father why he hadnt visited her. I did. My father told me to tell her "YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHY." Whatever that meant, she understood it. LOL I enjoy your articles and thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.