logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Today the 7th and final article that discusses how to open yoga chakras has been published. The Crown Chakra represents thought and all matters relating to higher consciousness. If you go into the category "Yoga And The Chakras" you'll see all seven posted in order so that you can follow the instructions one chakra at a time. It's important to open/clear all seven during one session.

Edited to add article link:

Opening The Crown Chakra

Stay healthy everyone,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Last edited by YogaEditor; 09/29/10 10:26 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Great series, Nancy. I work with the chakras extensivly, although my own background with them is not yoga-based. I draw on various Tibetan Buddhist and shamanic traditions that use them as meditational vortexes into different planes of consciousness. But I find that yoga and this kind of awareness work go hand-in-hand, the yoga supporting the opening/balancing/healing work that is necessary to explore the chakras more deeply from a meditation perspective. It's great to see more and more information on the chakras available.

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 09/29/10 07:08 PM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Elephant
Elephant
What happens if you only work on 2-3 chakras in one session? One of the dvd's I use does this but does not have the total body one.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thank you, Lisa. I agree that we should know more about yoga as a spiritual journey as well as a physical one, and surely it blends beautifully with the peace and joy Buddhism promotes. The chakras are such simple and yet vital parts of our own personal energy.

Take care,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi Monica,

If you only work with one or two of the chakras, or anything less than seven, you are likely to put yourself out of balance from an energy standpoint, and maybe even cause health problems. Plus, if you do work with all seven, you get a feel for each of them and understand which one seems stronger to you and which ones don't. In future meditations, you can focus more time on the ones that seemed a little weaker, so it's a learning experience for sure.

I know that there are some who may only focus on one or two, they're not getting the full benefit from their meditations.

Take care,

Nancy Welker
Bellaonline Yoga Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.