Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#632658 09/26/10 04:46 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
There's a new article on improving your divination skills in which I mention Rune casting. What have been the most memorable casts you have made?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
In your article, Sharpening Your Divination Skills, I found a lot of interest in the Rune Casting information. I used to use my runes often and kept a journal on the readings. The journal is around here somewhere in some box. I have to go dig it out now just for my own curiosity -- to see which readings were the most accurate.

I also used to use my pendulum a lot and found that it was always very accurate. Like all divination tools, however, they sharpened my own intuition and psychic abilities and eventually I was able to stop using them. Once in awhile, I still use my pendulum and have a chart similar to what you described. My chart has marks on it for measuring time or ratios/percentages. Using the pendulum with the chart provides even more accuracy.

Great article, Ian.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I enjoyed your article too Ian! I've had fun with the Runes, but I really connected with the Ogham.

Phyllis, I totally agree, the more we use something, the more we just sharpen our own skills. My thing though is that I get attached to my system LOL. My ogham symbols are like friends - I don't want to let them go LOL~

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I know what you mean, Deanna. I really like my runes and now that I have them back out again will be using them. Even though they helped me to sharpen my own skills, I have missed casting them and interpreting them.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I am OK at using the Runes, but I taught my wife who has now surpassed me and become so good that she was on Norse TV in 2004 from the Festival of the Sea giving predictions for the crew of a Swedish Tall Ship. We use the Runes of Norge, which ones do you use?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
I use the Viking Runes. I use the Viking Runes. I am very upset right now. I just counted them and am missing three! I have to figure out which ones are missing. If I cannot find them, I will have to make some out of clay or something.

Any advice on making the Runes?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Aw Phyllis - that's yuck! Do you think you put them in a medicine bag or something??

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Ninjahedgewych
I am OK at using the Runes, but I taught my wife who has now surpassed me and become so good that she was on Norse TV in 2004 from the Festival of the Sea giving predictions for the crew of a Swedish Tall Ship. We use the Runes of Norge, which ones do you use?

Very cool Ian - shows what a great teacher you are! smile

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks - that's what I thought too

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I have one set made out of semi-precious stones, and another made from an area of the local naturist beach that is also used for positve rituals

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Call me a cheat if you want but I prefer rune cards over rune stones I think they are easier to use.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Rune cards work best if you 'draw' and use them as you would Tarot cards. Casting gives extra dimensions by seeing how the Runes interact with each other, plus the shape of the cast can also aid insight.

Also the Stone Runes can be used outdoors in all sorts of weather - particularly high winds and damp conditions - with little damage to themselves.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.