#632544 09/26/10 04:13 AM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Native American tribes are numerous throughout our lands. Animal
symbolism may vary from tribe to tribe. Following are some basic
attributes of animals from A - B.

You can read the full article at Animal Spirit A - B

Watch for more upcoming articles on Animal Spirit. I hope you enjoy this article. As always, I welcome feedback. smile

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Please keep these coming - I love Animal Spirit Guides and Animal Totems....

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
OP Offline
Thank you, Robin. I am so glad you enjoy the articles. I will continue to post new Animal Spirit articles as I complete each one.

I have been debating on whether I should include the birds in with the animals or do separate articles for the birds. I will appreciate feedback on that. Combine or separate?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I know it is down the road a bit, but also info on the plants may be helpful to some.

ex: pine absorbs negative energy. etc

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Wendy, thank you for the info on pine. I didn't know that, but it provides insight on some things happening around here lately. Unfortunately we had to take down the 3 pines in our yard. It really upset me, but we had no choice. Even more upsetting, despite all my efforts, the wood ended up being wasted. Our yard is like a "Tree Nursery" they sprout up everywhere and I've been potting some for friends. I need to keep one of the pines for myself.

Phyllis, can't wait to read about the birds. For me, bird spirits are a separate category, but I'm not very objective about it. My bird friends have a VERY special place in my heart.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Great article Phyllis - and YES, keep them coming. I love to read about the animal spirits.

Something else I'm interested in is the fact that different traditions seem to have a different take on the totems.

One may say that you have ONLY one totem from birth to death.

Another may say you have seven or nine.

I would love to read more about that. I've always felt I had more than one, but guess it could be that one is my totem, and the others are guides.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Wendy Tall One
I know it is down the road a bit, but also info on the plants may be helpful to some.

ex: pine absorbs negative energy. etc

Thanks, Wendy. Some day I will write more on plants and their beneficial use.

Pine root tied to the front door is good luck for the house and brings peace to all inside.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/27/10 11:05 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: lcp012586
Wendy, thank you for the info on pine. I didn't know that, but it provides insight on some things happening around here lately. Unfortunately we had to take down the 3 pines in our yard. It really upset me, but we had no choice. Even more upsetting, despite all my efforts, the wood ended up being wasted. Our yard is like a "Tree Nursery" they sprout up everywhere and I've been potting some for friends. I need to keep one of the pines for myself.

Phyllis, can't wait to read about the birds. For me, bird spirits are a separate category, but I'm not very objective about it. My bird friends have a VERY special place in my heart.

lcp, I have decided to include birds in the articles. If I do not then it will take quite some time before I get to them.

That is nice that you pot the little pines.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Dreams/Inspiration Editor
Great article Phyllis - and YES, keep them coming. I love to read about the animal spirits.

Something else I'm interested in is the fact that different traditions seem to have a different take on the totems.

One may say that you have ONLY one totem from birth to death.

Another may say you have seven or nine.

I would love to read more about that. I've always felt I had more than one, but guess it could be that one is my totem, and the others are guides.

Thanks, Deanna. Most Native Americans believe that we have one main animal spirit (totem) that is with us for life. Often we either call upon or another animal spirit may come to us when needed. For instance, I was walking out in the desert, my animal spirit was with me -- suddenly I felt another animal spirit on the other side of me. Just then I had a very powerful vision hit me with a very important message. As soon as the vision was over, the other animal spirit left. The new animal spirit was one of very powerful symbolism and helped me for just those few minutes as my main one guided me back. I often have a bird totem that brings me messages.

So, yes, one can have more than one totem. The main one is always with you. The others come when needed.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Have been reading your articles for ages now Phyllis, really look forward to them arriving in my mailbox.

Wonder if you could you tell me if it is possible for a cat to be a totem animal? Have never seen it mentioned anywhere.

It does not seem to matter where I go, always end up being not quite surrounded by them but nevertheless they do seem to pop out of nowhere and are simply there, normally purring and rubbing my leg or trying to lie on my feet. Even in places where one would not expect to find a cat, and had pet cats for many years until quite recently, but that did not stop all the little strangers.

This has been happening for years now and it does seem to be me that they aim for, even if there are others around, so it causes quite a lot of laughter with family and friends.

Although as a bat flew in through my open bedroom window a few nights ago, and spent ages just flying around before deciding to leave, was even told that that had a meaning..........don't think I want to think about what it is.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.