Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Sweatpants and heels? Yuk!

In fact, sweatpants . . . yuk! They have their uses, yes, but making you look good isn't one of them. Adding heels is just ridiculous.

I have to admit that I am a casual dresser, but if I were out in public in sweatpants, it would be because I was on the way to or from the gym. Which I never am.

So far I haven't seen anyone outfitted like this.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Mona you are funny. That sounds like a line from a movie or something.

Maybe peeps in the U.K. are not as slobby as Americans. I've never been there so I have no idea. The slob look is in here.

The big one here in Tucson is flip flops with everything. I know it's hella hot here all the time but people can't even be bothered wearing shoes to a nice restaurant and nobody bats an eyelash.

We call it the Tucson look or CA look. Nice shirt, track pants and flip flops (I think you guys call them thongs) or teva hiking sandals. OMG!!!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/26/10 11:42 AM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Zebra
Zebra
Sooo, this summer I've been wearing these Crocs with almost everything (I tend to wear shorts/capris/tees or business casual, so they work for me!) I wouldn't wear them for formal occasions or even "upscale" business functions. Most people don't know they're Crocs, by the way. Super-comfy, and great for my plantar fasciitis! laugh

[img]http://flic.kr/p/8Eg813[/img]
[img:left]http://flic.kr/p/8Eg81b[/img]

Last edited by BellaDeb; 09/26/10 05:13 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I am cool with anything people want to do or are comfortable in. I love wearing PJ pants everywhere - I also have two pair of upscale sweats from Hollister (found them used of course) that i wear everywhere. And I wear flip flops all the time. I don't understand why anyone would ever judge someone on what they wear.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Cuz it's fun smirk and I don't call it judging I call it constructive criticism. My sister told me to stop buying workout clothes the other day. She said I needed to shop for real clothes. I could've been all offended but she's right.

My son told me not to buy a dress at Target the other day unless I had plans to go to a hoedown. I liked the dress (it was by converse) and could've been all offended but after thinking about it he kind of had a point.

He told me my handbag is a cha cha handbag too (long story) but whatever I like it so I laughed. Do what makes you happy.

Fashion can be funny, and tragic and it's alright to joke about it : )

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/26/10 08:53 PM.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I guess it depends on how sensitive people are. I enjoy watching What not to Wear, but mainly because I like seeing people who are like me, who like outdoor wear and comfy clothes. I never really agree with the idea they posit that comfortable clothes are a bad thing and that women should wear pointy heels.

Anyway, it does depend on the person in question. I would be really hurt, myself. I consider my brain my best asset, but you can't tell about that by what I wear. smile

Zebra
Zebra
I teach a customer service class every month to cab drivers (different drivers every month) and what I tell them is that it sucks but people do judge us based on what we look like. And, we all do make those kinds of judgments about other people, too.

It's a human thing we developed to keep us safe. And, it's why "normal" looking criminals are never suspected, so there's two sides to that.

A rule of thumb in the business world is that people don't want to give their money to people they perceive as "sketchy" AND, people will pay better (and tip more) when people look "crisp", and with whom they can identify.

Which is why my servers and front desk clerks could never have facial piercings, crayon-colored hair, mohawks or similar hairstyles or visible tattoos. I once had to tell a really great young man that if he did get a gold tooth, he could no longer work at the restaurant.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I kind of refuse to move in circles where that's an issue. My vet has blue hair and facial piercings. And this is conservative Camp Verde. I love it. it gives me faith in humanity a little.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My hair dresser is a roller derby chick with blue/green hair and she wears baggy unflattering clothes most of the time but I love her and she gives the best haircut of any hairdresser I've ever had. I coulda walked out the first time I saw her but I'm not like that. I really don't judge peeps by what they wear at all. If I did I would have no clients or close friends (my friend Zak showed up at my b-day dinner wearing athletic shorts, running shoes and a stinky tee, and I love him to death).

What you wear should make you happy and for those who work from home it kind of doesn't matter if we go to the store in p.j.s or yoga pants and crocs, with orange hair and our tees inside out but some people need to dress the part for work like Deb says or not look like a hooker or pimp at their kids meet the teacher day.

I love What Not To Wear but it does bug me sometimes when they expect the people to just throw out every comfortable item in their closet. I don't think real women want to live in stilletos and pencil skirts all the time. I love the drama of that show. How some people are so attached to this grungy image of themselves because they are insecure and then they take a chance with a new look and it's like they have been liberated.

Gecko
Gecko
My uniform here in South Florida is tank tops, linen shorts, and fun flip flops - they kind with beads & jewels. It's hot & humid here. I would die if I had to wear "real" clothes. smile So glad I work from home.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.