Next Thread
Print Thread
#616455 08/10/10 08:29 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have been on the go for it seems like forever. We have a lovely back yard and I never sit out here because I'm always hunched over my computer coding or answering email.

Finally today I brought my laptop out on my back porch, turned on the little umbrella lights and sat here working with a glass of wine.

Right now the sun has just set and there is a chorus of frogs all around me. It really helps me take in a deep breath and remember that nature is eternal, that whatever angst-filled crisis I am dealing with, that time will continue, the world will revolve, and life will go on. It seems sometimes like I live with my shoulders perpetually hunched, my head perpetually twisted in worry, struggling just to get through a day.

Nature really helps to put everything in perspective.

I should comment that my "meditation room" upstairs - i.e. James' room - has become overloaded with piles of origami stuff and gaming stuff and random junk all over the place. So I really need to spend a few hours to clean that all up so I have somewhere to sit that is neat. The entire house degrades into chaos if I neglect it for even a few days. It's very frustrating.

But for now I am surrounded by dark, and singing frogs, and I keep in mind that in a few million years the whole earth will be consumed by the sun, so I really shouldn't worry about a millisecond of chaos in comparison.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I love what you just wrote, Lisa! it's good to get the big picture perspective. And nature is often the best way to get that.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Our back porch got completely filled with Bob's container plants - cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs, etc. - so there is barely room for my yoga mat. I should go out there more often anyway, tuck myself into a corner, and enjoy it!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes, it could be like doing yoga in a garden paradise, with tomatoes leaning towards you and herb scents in the air!

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
You only need a small space to sit and meditate. If you have steps leading up to the porch that would be ideal.

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.