logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
O
Hey everyone I am brand new also and came across this post when I googled it I have found everyones posts so helpful I am dealing with the exact same thing right now. So I am no stranger to obession when I was a teenager I was completely overcome with Angelina Jolie but got over it and vowed to myself I would never fall into obession again it's such an awful lonely feeling. well here I am 23 and obessing over this freaking Irish actor I just love him. Not really though sense I don't know him, I just want more out of life and frankly I feel so bored with my life. I went to school graduated this year I got laid off from my retail job so I am trying so very hard to find work and I can't anywhere even within my field can you say depressing... my friends are so flaky and seem to only love me when I am buying drinks I can't seem to find decend friends that really like me or a good man my exs are just playas,I agreee I notice it more when I don't have a lot going on . It feels good to get that out even if noone ever reads it cause its a couple years old. Thanks

Last edited by OctoberClaire; 12/11/09 06:11 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Just want to welcome all you newbies to the forum, We hope that you all will enjoy your stay smile
Rosie

Rosie L
D
D
Hello. I am hoping that I can find some help here. Here is my story. I was 11 years old when my parents died and it was also when I heard David Cassidy sing. His music brought me back from a very lonely place and I give him the credit for saving me. I was a typical "teenage" fan for a few years and then forgot about him until a few years ago. (I am 45 now and married for a long time). I started having dreams about him. In my dreams, I give him a letter that I wrote and how he saved me. He feels like he is right in the room with me in my dreams. I meet him and we talk. He hugs me and tells me "I have seen your face in my dreams." I believe that we are somehow connected. In one dream a few months ago, he said to me "believe that we are destined to meet. It's in the stars, keep trying and have hope." Sometimes I will have visions of him being with me in a room. Other times, I feel that he is right behind me. I can feel his breath on my neck. I think about David all of the time and I miss him terribly, even though I have never met him. I have mailed this letter to him many times and never got a reply. Everything reminds me of him. Most recently, I felt compelled go to California for a vacation because I thought he might be there and I would meet him finally. I didn't meet him and now I am very upset. I am confused because I am certain that my dreams mean something, but now I don't know what at the point. Thank you for listening and I look forward to a response.

O
O
Hello Devoted45. Thank you for being open enough to share your story. I also am obsessed with celebrities. I say celebrities because I obsess over one band or musical group for a span of maybe 6 months and then become bored and move on to another celebrity. I share some of the same thoughts as you, such as wanting to meet my idol in person. I won't say his name, but one of the celebs I was obsessed with also lived in California. I have fantasized about going there and running into him at one of the places he frequents just to meet him and talk. Most recently, through formal introductions, I have met one of my celebrity obsessions. Though before I met him I was interested in his music but I wasn't obsessed; it was after our meeting when I started thinking about him constantly, saving his photos online, and reading interviews and learning any news about him. This article was posted here before; which I found helpful [url=http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art28512.asp]http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art28512.asp[/url] I agree with the writer of that article, in that, celebrity obsession is a symptom of a bigger problem within ourselves. At the same time, obsession over our celebrity seems so innocent which is probably why we can go on for months and years without getting help. Fan forums don't help either. I feel like an alcoholic going to the bar each time I visit a fan forum. No one there admits having a problem; and probably 75% of them do. The article listed 10 questions. Perhaps going through those questions could help you understand your problem. I hope everything works out for you.

Last edited by onedesire; 04/11/10 12:23 AM.
S
S
Hi I am so glad that i found this forum as of recent I have come upon a celebrity that I have become obessed with for about a month the characters that he chooses to play are usually the complex sweet unique misunderstood types and I think he picks these roles because they may be relatable to him I have googled him everyday for about a week and constantly think of him he is cute but physically not my usual type which in one way is kind of good because it has open up my mind to maybe date a different type of guy I am trying to find a silver lining with this sudden obsession before I came to this forum I kinda self diagnosed my real problem I haven't had a relationship in two years and I am sorta ready to get back out there but I am scared of so many things I'm scared to get my heart broken I'm scared that it might actually work I'm scared that I might compare every guy to this new obsession I don't know I do feel better about how I feel after coming to this site though I know my obsession is probably worse when i feel lonely also I sorta have obsessions like this during my whole life but not this strongly since I was eighteen and at that time I think I was scared because I had just graduated from high school and didn't know what i was going to do with my life now I'm thirty and kinda in the same predicament

M
M
Hi! Like everyone else here posting on this topic, I also am obsessed with a celebrity. Have been for the past two years. I think about him 24/7. I post endlessly about him on my Facebook profile. I'm also married and my husband knows that I do like this particular actor, but he doesn't really know how deep my feelings are for this man, or what I say about him. I have to say this, that I actually enjoy obsessing over this man all the time. I do in fact, love it! I love the 'fantasy world' that I've created in my mind with this actor. I think I have a pretty good handle on things and I'm sorry that many of you are suffering with this. Don't get me wrong, I have my share of 'bad' days too, when I'm upset that I'll NEVER get to be with this man for real, but I UNDERSTAND that. Would I love to be with this man? Of course I would be! But I know that nothing will ever come of this. It still doesn't stop me from having my fantasies of him and I'm really ok with just that..a fantasy. I would love to talk to some of you about this. Post back to me here, or message me if you would like to talk. Maybe I can be of some help to you.

Last edited by marchbaby67; 09/17/10 02:44 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.