Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Gecko
Gecko
T
You are right, she is Franka Potente. I must point out though, on imdb.com it lists an alternate name of Franke Potente. I don't know why! But there is the link for information:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Adelheid (Adelaide)...Rosa...Hulda...Mella..Herman..Emile..!!!

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
Cornelia is nice (although it derives from Latin - like Sabine).

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I've always thought that the name Gisela was very pretty.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
T
Gecko
Gecko
T
I have met many women named Gisela. And they are all lovely, both inside and out. I wonder why that is? The name Gisela bring to mind something soft and feminine for me.

B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
I think Gisela derives from the Germanic "silaz" (hall). The houses of the Teutons which had only one (big) room were called siliz (pl. of silaz). Later the journeymen were called "gisel" (in contemporary German: Geselle), which meant a journeyman who shared a room (for accomodation) with other journeymen.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I like Katarzyna for a girl and Tadeusz for a boy. (My grandmother's name was Katarzyna)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes they are really lovely names, and I have heard of neither Katarzyna nor Tadeusz before.

There are some lovely �old fashioned� baby names coming back into fashion here, such as Charlotte for girls and Elias for boys, but German Christian names tend towards being conventional any way.

There are fashions as there are in any country, at the moment there seem to be a great many tiny Hannah�s and Maximilian�s, and my youngest son has four friends named Konstantine, so that was obviously the vogue around twenty years ago.

However there is no chance for anyone to have to go through life called Gramophone, Moon Unit, Zowie or Apple here because the name has to be one of which the very strict office of vital statistics, or Standesamt, would approve, which means it has to fit to the sex of the name bearer and it should not cause distress to that child as it goes through life.

As young people that were going to have to live in various different countries my sons have names that fit just about everywhere, with the names of their father and Grandfathers as second and third names, and that is also something that happens frequently in this multicultural world of ours.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.