Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Janine Salwin, Wennie Liu, Ruth Sattler RN, freespirit86, Desertdiva11
56977 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56977 Members
417 Forums
112481 Topics
794861 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 934
Beetlemess 723
Karm - SW USA Editor 293
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 221
Nancy Roussy 186
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 146
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 120
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 118
Linu 116
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#628094 - 09/12/10 11:45 PM Don't Throw Out the Old Bread
Rebecca G. Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Wisconsin
If you really want to be frugal, do not throw out bread just because it is hard or old. If it is moldy, yes. Let the bread completely dry and then with a rolling pin turn it into wonderful bread crumbs. Add seasoning if you like. Now you do not have to buy bread crumbs.

Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Twitter Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Facebook Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to MySpace Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Del.icio.us Digg Don't Throw Out the Old Bread Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Yahoo My Web Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Google Bookmarks Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Stumbleupon Add Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Reddit
#628105 - 09/13/10 12:02 AM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Rebecca G.]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
Oh, also old bread makes good bread pudding and stuffing!

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Twitter Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Facebook Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to MySpace Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Stumbleupon Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Reddit
#628120 - 09/13/10 12:29 AM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

fishYes, sure does.

Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Twitter Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Facebook Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to MySpace Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Stumbleupon Add Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread to Reddit
#628937 - 09/15/10 07:46 AM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I loooove bread pudding!

#628943 - 09/15/10 10:49 AM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Jilly]
Lisa - Fiction Writing Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Beattyville, KY
I make homemade bread. When I slice the bread with my electric knife, bread crumbs scatter across the tray I have the bread on. I gather up these bread crumbs, place them in a container, and throw them in a freezer. I always have bread crumbs handy if needed. The bread never lasts long enough to get old.

#631261 - 09/22/10 08:08 AM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Lisa - Fiction Writing]
Berthelda Offline

I agree with you all. Breadcrumbs aren't just for leaving trails. There is so much that can be done with everyday foods when you have to get creative. And to quote MS "its a good thing" to do.

#631599 - 09/23/10 05:03 AM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Berthelda]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Such great ideas.

Now I want to have stale bread.

#633689 - 09/29/10 06:31 PM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Jilly]
borageflower Offline
Jellyfish

Can add it to meat loaf, sprinkle on top of casserole with a little butter and broil for a crusty top, add as a thickener to sauces, all kinds of uses.

#633702 - 09/29/10 06:53 PM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: borageflower]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Yum, such great ideas. I hate food waste. I wish everyone would remember these tips.

#633741 - 09/29/10 08:16 PM Re: Don't Throw Out the Old Bread [Re: Jilly]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Loc: Memphis, TN
Hmmm, thinking about making bread pudding now. I have been invited to dinner at my daughter's & have just about enough time to throw one together, I think. (I love taking desserts over there--then I'm not tempted to binge on the leftovers at night!)
Smart Marketing Works

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Jilly 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
38 minutes 10 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
44 minutes 12 seconds ago
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
50 minutes 38 seconds ago
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 03:28 AM
Five Things to Know About Running a Raffle
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 02:02 AM
First and last letter Worldwide Recipe Game!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
Today at 12:53 AM
What jewelry do you wear daily?
by Janine Salwin
Fashion Jewelry
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Don't do THIS in an Interview
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Tadpoles
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
New England Travel
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Food intolerance remedies
by Sheree-Allergies
Allergies & Colds
Yesterday at 07:44 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.