Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
brokers12, DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags
57155 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57155 Members
417 Forums
112906 Topics
799241 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 746
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 115
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Dianne W - Editor 64
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#589311 - 03/06/10 08:52 PM spicy food and ulcer
wafer Offline

i have ulcer and i enjoy eating spicy food. one day, a friend told me that spicy food can trigger the pain when you have ulcer. is that true?

Add spicy food and ulcer to Twitter Add spicy food and ulcer to Facebook Add spicy food and ulcer to MySpace Add spicy food and ulcer to Del.icio.us Digg spicy food and ulcer Add spicy food and ulcer to Yahoo My Web Add spicy food and ulcer to Google Bookmarks Add spicy food and ulcer to Stumbleupon Add spicy food and ulcer to Reddit
#589911 - 03/09/10 09:00 PM Re: spicy food and ulcer [Re: wafer]
Profesor_Patricio Offline

Loc: Oakland, Ca
It really depends on the type of ulcer you have. The idea is to have some dairy products, if you are tolerant, with or before enjoying the spicy meals.

Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Twitter Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Facebook Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to MySpace Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Del.icio.us Digg Re: spicy food and ulcer Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Yahoo My Web Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Google Bookmarks Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Stumbleupon Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Reddit
#590736 - 03/15/10 02:51 PM Re: spicy food and ulcer [Re: Profesor_Patricio]
Vannie Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hi.

Spicy food can certainly aggravate an ulcer and you would be wise to stay away from any food can cause you discomfort. You should check with your physician concerning your food choices. Perhaps he/she can give you a list of what foods to avoid.

Also see, AOLhealth which get its information from Harvard Health Publication (Harvard Medical School)

Edited by Vannie (03/15/10 02:52 PM)

Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Twitter Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Facebook Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to MySpace Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Del.icio.us Digg Re: spicy food and ulcer Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Yahoo My Web Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Google Bookmarks Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Stumbleupon Add Re: spicy food and ulcer to Reddit
#591887 - 03/21/10 06:50 AM Re: spicy food and ulcer [Re: Vannie]
wafer Offline

thank you very much for the replies. i don't know the type of ulcer that i have. i just remember taking maalox before and was advised to drink milk

#613437 - 07/29/10 02:00 AM Re: spicy food and ulcer [Re: wafer]
celia19O5 Offline

yeah I like spicy food, too. I can not eat anything without spicy :) uhm my mummy also says that I should not eat too much spicy food cuz it may harm the stomach. so I guess we should it everything at a certain amount and it will be okie :D

Edited by celia19O5 (07/29/10 02:03 AM)

#627875 - 09/12/10 03:15 AM Re: spicy food and ulcer [Re: celia19O5]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
I love spicy good, but pay for it dearly later with a burning tummy. I'm almost sure it's not ulcers.
Ahhh the younger days when I could eat whatever I wanted. smile That's why it's mild buffalo wings. No cappicola meat in my subs. The only problem is that my husband LOVES to cook on the grill and makes all (A L L) of his meat hot and spicy the way he and his mother (yes the one with the "stomach problems") like to eat it. He knows what hot and spicy does to my stomach - yet he'll make it that way every time and THEN ask me is it to spicy.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Moderator:  Vannie 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Colbert Report
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
32 minutes 58 seconds ago
The Daily Show
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
36 minutes 19 seconds ago
Houdini (part 2)
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Poem
by Judie Quilting Editor
Quilting
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
Dr Phil
by Nancy Roussy
Daytime TV
Yesterday at 07:03 PM
Buddha's Daughters - Book Review
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
Chocolate Dirt Cup Recipe
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Yesterday at 05:41 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
Job Charts - Reward Systems
by Lisa - Moms
Moms
Yesterday at 02:54 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.