Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#627298 09/10/10 04:04 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My last yoga class I was in a rush and actually forgot my yoga mat! Luckily the instructor keeps a few cheap spares around and I used one of those.

It made me appreciate my normal mat SO much more! I don't know how people can use those thin cheap mats. It felt icky under my hands and didn't provide any support or cushioning.

Here's the thread about mine again -

Lisa's Yoga Mat

I wonder sometimes if I should get a new one, since I bought my mat when I knew nothing about yoga and just sort of randomly chose one I thought was OK. I think I did make a good choice though!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I use two mats because one mat doesn't protect my knees enough when kneeling on hard floors. I suppose there must be double-thick mats somewhere but two regular ones work for me.

Elephant
Elephant
Yeah those class mats are so nasty gross! I would rather practice on the floor without one than have to use those.

I have 3 mats and getting another one soon. I have 2 like the ones in your pic and the 1/2 jute 1/2 rubber mat which is my favoite but I want to try the Barefoot Yoga Natural Jute and PER Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat. Looks nice and less than the last jute mat I got.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Gecko
Gecko
If I were you I'd invest in another mat, Lisa. It could be part of the hand-slipping issue. After a while it gets hard to get the mat really clean anyway, even though the official word about this is that they are useable unless they are damaged in some way.

My cats like to eat the edges off the jute ones so they don't work in my home. What is my favorite is the fold-out padded mats that are useable for any floor exercises, they are cleaner, never smell bad, wipe down an dry in minutes. It folds up suitcase like and slides right into my closet.

Nancy

Last edited by YogaEditor; 09/16/10 02:01 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My husband had bought the kids exercise mats about 10 years ago, that they never used. Don't know why my daughter was all of 8. They are the purple yoga mats. I've been using those. I guess they should still be ok even though they're older or do you think I should get new ones?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Dianne,

As long as the mat is flexible and there's no sign of damage it should be all right. I've got a purple one too and it's pretty rugged so I'm thinking your mat should be all right. Make sure it's spongy when you press down on it, and give it the sniff test. If it smells musty or yucky give it quick clean with either liquid hand sanitizer (that's what I use) or simply put a little mild detergent in a plastic container with warm water and sponge down your mat. The hand sanitizer dries in minutes but the soap & water wash down can take a day or more to dry. Other than those couple of things you should be good to go.

Take care,

Nancy smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I forgot my mat again at the last yoga class and again I was reminded of how much I adore my personal mat, compared with these thin nasty class mats!

It certainly encourages me to work on remembering my own mat!

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
I bought a spare to leave in the car.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deb - that's an awesome idea, I really should do that.

Just this last class, one of the other women was ogling my mat and commenting on how comfortable it looked. I told her I got it on Amazon but I had forgotten its brand. I should get a black magic marker and write it on a corner so if people ask I can tell them what it is. It's surprising it's not on there somewhere.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
What about making your own mat? My wife bought me a rug making kit a while back and I keep meaning to make it up to use to practice both the exercises from "The Eye of Revelation" by Peter Kelder, and magick

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.