Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#627102 09/10/10 12:28 AM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was just looking back at my original one and five year goals. This was the first set of one year goals I wrote 6/22/08 -

1. Have begun art portfolio
2. Both our credit scores are good
3. All my stuff from Arizona is here
4. I have one or two ebooks up in Cosmetics
5. JillFlorio.com is up to date with all old articles and current ones and back online
6. Cosmetics site is preloaded through end of the year
7. Crestline Living is up to date and number one google result for crestline
8. Break 500,000 in Amazon reviewer rank
9. Earning $1000 a month from my various projects
10. go camping with dan or alone at least every three weeks
11. Will have an accountant/tax person and all business/taxes will be well in hand and no longer a source of confusion and stress
12. Up to intermediate level yoga poses
13. Office will be organized
14. Kitchen/utility room will be organized
15. Will have new flooring, ceiling fan and wall paint done
16. Will have tried all local yoga classes and reviewed them for HG
17. Will no longer find getting packages to me as a nightmare
18. Will have several control journals created and in use, including emergency plan journal
19. Weight down to 120 to stay there, with under 20% fat levels
20. Um, many more, will be adding to this list

I figured I'd make a clean thread to track what i have and have not been doing. This should be fun... smile

1. Not actually done a thing yet, not even a goal right now
2. we tried hard and then gave up. It's not worth it.
3. I still have a storage shed in CA. Dan and I plan to get it all out here after the holidays. So this is actually a one year goal I can list for this year.
4. this one isn't even important right now, priority-wise.
5. This has gotten closer, but then I stalled out. I just have so many articles still to track down, copy, and paste and futz with. I will revisit this idea when i have more important things under control.
6. Not a priority right now.
7. Another low priority blog for now. I will sell this site at some point.
8. This one is a YAY!!!! Has gone much better than my expectations, in two years - my new rank is 1528 and my classic rank is 8700. Both are fantastically better than my previous GOAL of breaking 500,000! I must have been at 750,000 when i wrote that. My new Amazon rank goals for one year are: new rank - under 1000, and classic rank - under 5,000.
9. YES to this one! I am over my goal of earning $1000 a month! My next goal for one year's time is over $2,000.
10. The camping has been off and on. I have to think more about my goals for this.
11. We actually fixed all our back taxes through to 08. But now I am behind again. I don't hae a goal yet - this is too hard to think about right now.
12. YAY! Am well into intermediate yoga poses. I am happy to make a one year goal to get handstand under control and to be able to do Crow. Crow, i WILL get you!
13. my office is fine.
14. N/A
15/ N/A
16. N/A
17. YAY - i have the mail under control!!!
18. Will have to think about this one later
19. This goes up and down. Right now I am at 144 pounds. Must think about this goal for going forward.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Jilly, this is so cool!!! You have goals you accomplished in two years!

Double kudos for that intermediate yoga AND clearing $1,000 a month. I need to add that to my list!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you, Deanna! You are so sweet. smile

Okay I just found some previous but further updates. This one is from march of 2010:

"OK, i am going to start from scratch and not EVEN look at my previous one year goals. I am going to be very simple here:

- Earn $1500 a month from my misc projects
- make time most days to do something nice for me (like hiking or yoga or a bath, or reading in the sun, or being creative)
- Make sure that most days I have had protein, fiber, veggies, fruit and complex carbs, take my vitamins and hydrate well
-get 15 minutes of movement in most days
- Get new Amazon rank to within the 1000s (it's now 1,596) and old rank to under 10,000 (it's 11,268)
- figure some way to come to terms with my anxiety and depression, even while living on the road in my motorhome. There must be a way to get help and I intend to find it"

Okay, the updates from march:

1. I am at $1500 and sometimes a little more - YAY!
2. Doing something nice for me. This has slipped a bit, but I am now walking five days a week and trying to add little bits of yoga to my life each day. Even if it's really simple short things. I need to reassess this goal.
3. Was doing ok with the nutrition - and then got too busy to care. I am documenting how I am getting back on track on other threads.
4. The movement is coming along. my goal is five days a week.
5. Amazon is progressing - New is 1528 and Classic is 8700.
6. I am actively working with my doctor on possibly adjusting or changing my meds for this. Maybe a mood stabilizer instead of antidepressant, or a lower dose of what i have. As far as counseling, at least i have a plan.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
And here is the last one year goals I had written, this one from 8/29/10, so pretty recently:

"- I will have made great soil over the winter and by a year i will have a wonderful thriving garden of heirloom vegetables. Either that or I will be spending the really hot months traveling in the RV in the mountains somewhere - this has been a very hard summer - trapped in the RV bc it's too hot to be outside.

- The cottage in the back will be habitable and also the guest room in the house.

- I'll have my meds situation figured out.

- I will have a system down for staying on top of work.

- I will have figured out how to incorporate outdoor activities, yoga and fitness into my daily life

- I will be eating actual food, instead of tortillas with butter for every meal"

1. While the soil is coming along, I decided to leave here for the summer of 2011 and RV along the mts or coasts. I am exploring ideas in the RV forum.
2. Talking about the cottage in the Home Improvement Forum.
3. discussing meds in the mental health forum.
4. discussing work in the SOHO forum
5. monitoring fitness in the walking forum and the yoga one
6. lisa is helping me with food in the low carb forum

Okay, i think that is all my previous goal setting for "One Year" all rounded up. This will give me something to think about. I do think some of these can be re-envisioned and made more specific for one year spans of time.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Just to get everything in one place, i have two sets of five year goals. I am too tired to talk about where I am at with them tonite, but will post them here and look at this later -

From 6/22/08 - Five year goals:
"o add more creativity and financial stability - create an income from artwork. Have large art portfolio. Google will rank my various writing areas of interest in the top results.

Financial stability - will be earning $2000+ a month on my various projects. All debts (sans student loans) will be paid. PolyGeek will have sold a few applications by this time.

To move forward on projects - break 100,000 on amazon reviewer rank. Have a handful of nicely-selling ebooks on bella and my blogs.

To be stable - still living in crestline. Maybe own a house or build a house on our land by then.

Health and fitness - Will have had the courage to have a blood test or other needed tests by then.

Serenity - Up to advanced yoga poses and able to actually meditate for a reasonable period of time. Anxious days are a thing of rarity.

Adventure - see one year goals."

And more recently - 2/3/10 - Five Year Goals:

"By five years I fully intend to have my off the grid green home, hopefully a treehouse type deal, with an organic garden, grey water system, compost, a near-zero trash footprint, the home made of largely salvaged materials, etc. Some chickens, goats, geese.

I will have been maintaining my healthy weight levels, be doing advanced yoga and supporting myself financially in my chosen area of earnings. I will have a creative hobby that might also be a sideline.

I will have close friendships in proximity to where i live, and a group of people who like to meet once a week for fun.

I will be planning many hiking and boating trips every month.

I will have this as a home base and will have set down stable roots.

I will be able to donate time to animal charities.

And a big one - I will have a diagnosis for my mental situation and will be getting therapy that is helpful and uplifting."

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ok, lastly for tonite on this topic, here are the priorities i worked out for myself in 2008. They are still pretty awesome, whihc makes me feel good:

"1. be peaceful,
serene, calmer.

2. be mentally and physically healthy

3. have creativity and art in my life

4. have humor,
fun and adventure

5. my debt will be under control and our savings will be comfortably set for our future...ie - financial stability

6. i will have successfully moved forward on my
projects

7. My life will be stable"

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Jilly, this is amazing! It's awesome that you have your goals for five years too. I tend to get bored with those - and not put any effort in because they are so far off. But, I know that's a REALLY bad idea!!! I should have a five year plan, along with my one year plan and 3-6 month plan.

It would be nice to be at my goals in five years, rather than just starting them up (again) lol!

Awesome list! And you've inspired me to get my booty around to the different forums to get myself going too (yes, spend more time in low carb and exercise LOL!)

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Deanna. I am working on my thoughts for these. First I need to look at my one year goals and see if they are in the right direction for my priorities. And adjust as needed. Then I will move to my five year goals, which are the hard ones for me - five years is so far out in my mind. So then i will examine if the five year goals are in line with the priorities!

And then I will return to the one year goals and create some short term goals from those, then lay out steps.

it sounds like a lot of work, but this is my LIFE i am looking into here. I want it to be happy.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yikes. The five year goals I set out for myself previously look wildly unobtainable for the most part. frown

And some are just not important to me anymore.

Last edited by Jilly; 09/11/10 07:24 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Deanna definitely you should NOT put any effort into five year goals, exactly because they ARE too far out!! It is too much for a person to worry about. Instead, the five year goals ONLY exist to help you plan one year goals. They are solely a planning tool. So think of your five year goals as your future dream state. Then, when you work on the one year goals, you are now working on things you can actually contemplate making progress towards.

Jilly - you've already REACHED some of your five year goals!! You are doing amazingly well! Sure some you might want to rethink, and that's fine! That's the purpose of long term goals, to help give you direction and it's fine to reevaluate that!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.